humbucker to single coil on 2xhum guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker to single coil on 2xhum guitar

my wrmg has two humbuckers. if i wanted to replace the forward humbucker with the sustainiac, is there some kind of adaption kit to block off the rear space of that humbucker cavity?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: humbucker to single coil on 2xhum guitar

There are special humbucker frames, so that you can put in a singlecoil (or a singlecoil sized humbucker), where the humbucker originaly was. It probably lookes fucked up though, never saw it on any guitar but the frame looks like this:

Comment

i thought the sustainiac had to be right up against the neck as it is on the dk2s or does it matter if the sustainiac is angled like the plate pictured above?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sustainiac also makes a humbucker version of the driver as well.

And no, it doesn't have to be right against the neck.
        But it won't function properly if you angle it.
        Read more... http://www.sustainiac.com/stealth.htm
        -Rick

Comment

how much can i expect to pay for the humbucker version and what is the model number? i've just read the supplied link and am worried i might not have enough space alongside the turbocharger circuitry to fit everything in. or would i have to lose the turbocharger from my WRMG?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Did you read the link I posted?
            Anyway...HERE is the online order form.
            -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              There are special humbucker frames, so that you can put in a singlecoil (or a singlecoil sized humbucker), where the humbucker originaly was. It probably lookes fucked up though, never saw it on any guitar but the frame looks like this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg Howe had one of these on the HM Strat pictured on the cover of his album, Introspection.. he was using it to have a mini-humbucker in the bridge hum slot, which strikes me as really odd...

Comment

sorry, i posted then edited. i'm gonna get a huge screwdriver and take the electrics plate off to see how much space i've got. otherwise, i'll have to take the bullet by purchasing a dk2s.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Nothing wrong with a DK2S... nice guitars actualy.
                  Regardless... Sustainiac can make just about any setup work. It's all about how much $$$ you're willing to invest into one guitar.
                  Just for reference ... the Sustainiac humbucker driver/plate is the same size as an EMG.
                  So if you have room for an EMG, it will fit.
                  The electronics components and seperate battery are another issue. I sense routing in your future. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X