starting to like chrome hardware...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to like chrome hardware...

I've had my dk2 (trans amber) for over a week now. At first, when I bought an import, I felt I was settling for the "cheap" look. However, I've begun to like the way chrome looks - though I'm glad it's polished and not brushed, like the pics I've seen from 3-4 years ago.

The chrome may not look near as roughed up over time as black might. It doesn't mean I won't get one though. In fact, I'm leaning toward getting the DXMG as my next axe / 2nd Jackson in about 4 weeks.

Wes

Re: starting to like chrome hardware...

well, i have a DXMG, and it is a really nice guitar! haven't played a dk2 though, so I can't really make a comparision. but i get the feeling that the 2 guitars are rather similiar, except for the different pickup setup (and the dxmg's black hardware and reversed headstock). so, care to tell me what's making you consider a DXMG?

btw, I have a road hazard yellow DXMG (check it out at guitarxpress.com) - and I really recommend it! that finish makes the guitar so beautiful!

Comment

basically, because it's a reverse headstock...I would REALLY like a Jackson that had a red finish, HSS, matching headstock - reversed, with black hardware, but that's a Phil Collen guitar from 10 years ago. Go figure

Comment

You just described what I'd like too, but my DK2 in trans red flame is close enough, kicks ass and is cheap to boot! I have a DK-2S in black cherry too.

From what I've read the DK-2 has a slightly thinner neck than the DXMG, and of course Duncan Designed instead of the EMG-HZ pickups. The regular headstock is the other main difference.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I liked the brushed look much more. They dont show finger prints and other crap as much and look more fancy.

Comment

Working...
          X