New Violin Brown SL4 w/pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Violin Brown SL4 w/pic

Got this in last week and finally had time to do a set up. The neck is probably the thinnest I've played, almost too thin. Other thing that I noticed was that the neck JB appears to be the bridge version. (adjustable pole pieces on the bottom) Thankfully it arrived unblemished, its kinda loose in the TKL case that came with it. Nothing but a cracked pickup bezel, though. (Budman to the rescue!) May change to EMGs anyhow.

Re: New Violin Brown SL4 w/pic

Those are such nice guitars but it's lacking binding badly. It would look even better with it !

Comment

Man, that color is so sweet!! I can picture a JJ2 with that color [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats-Jack.

Comment

great finish, that. Congrats, Swillboy [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

fuckin shit..that is awesome. Now...do the RR5's come in that finish now? I love Violin brown.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

The JB is a bridge-only model - no neck model (that I'm aware of unless they started making them recently).
              My NASL has one in the neck and it really does work better in that position than the bridge IMO.

Nice axe, but it sure could use binding [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice axe. It's the only 22 fret, Floyd-equipped Soloist you can/could get without going through the Custom Shop, and I think they only made them for 1 year. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I love the deeply sculpted neck heel, too. I have 2 (black and natural) and love 'em both. The Seymour Duncans are nice, but I put EMGs in the black one, which made it even better. Also added a Tremsetter and Scotchbrited the gloss off the neck, and it is KILLER. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I still want a trans blue one someday.

Comment

that picture is alll fucked up for me. All I can see is the head stock and the rest looks like a roll of movie film that's fallen off the projector...it's all grey and white segmented.

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X