Pawn Shop Find SL-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Find SL-3

Just bought an SL-3 at a local pawn shop for $300.00 It's natural with the flame maple laminate. The neck is thinner than I'm used to, but I love it. I've always wanted a soloist and feel like this is a great piece. I'm super excited, as you can tell. Just wanted to share the joy with some fellow fanatics.

Baldy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Pawn Shop Find SL-3

Congrats! Now, where are the pics?? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome find!!

The pawnshops around here never have any cool J/C stuff anymore, and whatever they do have is always comically overpriced.

Comment

It's always overpriced here too. However, they'll usually take about half of what they have on the tag. I got a Limited '88 last spring for $300.00. I'm still stoked over that one too!

Baldy

Comment

Great find, for 300 bucks it's a steal.

Oh yeah, the pics [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          -Janne

Comment

Good score. Cant beat the price.

Comment

I'll try to put some up by the end of the week. Thanks for the kudos

Comment

Awesome.. my pawn shop (the one that doesnt totally suck) stopped selling used guitars sadly, now they only sell endorsed fernandes's and afew ibanez, along with this cheap acoustic company.. so Its rare that I find good deals anymore, not like I ever really found any before lol, cept my Mann Explorer for $150 hah

Comment

Can anyone suggest some more single coil sounding single coils to replace the hot rails in the neck and middle? I like the power, but they sound awful stiff.

Comment

Depends on what you want to achieve for what style of music you intend on using it for as well as your rig. If money is not an issue there's alot to choose from in a broad range of prices.

I think Fender noiseless singles or Dimarzio virtual series or the Duncan Antiquity Strat series are some of the all round 'single' sounding. I believe all are with hum cancel.
                    I like the Jackson J100 for a chimey, strat sounding single and they can be found on the forum classified from time to time for about 10.00 or so shipped. They can do the trick but they are a true single and will get noisy.

Comment

Duncan SH-2 is the sweetest sounding pickup for that single coil strat sound.. Definately worth picking up unless your playing like all pure thrash metal lol

Comment

are you sure you don't mean Dimarzio HS-2?????

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Awesome find!!

The pawnshops around here never have any cool J/C stuff anymore, and whatever they do have is always comically overpriced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the pawn shops here are pretty picked through as well...very overpriced stuff...

Comment

well, I havent played a HS-2, but I find my sh2 to sound pretty smooth, kinda like playing one of those high end Fenders.. but I havent played much of the fenders, other than at guitar stores just for fun, so can't really say for sure =[

Comment

I've never heard of that Duncan model. What do they call it??

Comment

Working...
                              X