Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JS20 and the JS1 dinky -- are they the same guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS20 and the JS1 dinky -- are they the same guitar?

With a different pickup config and headstock direction? H/H on the JS1 w/ a reverse head and H/S/S on the JS20 and a regular head? I'm jonesin for a new axe and I thought I'd pick up one of these, they're both on ebay for relatively cheap. Which one is a superior guitar? Are they prettymuch equal?

Re: JS20 and the JS1 dinky -- are they the same guitar?

You might do a search for some info on these guitars, there are some reasons to avoid them. You are much better off looking for a JS30, can check out some internet retailers like Easton guitars or american musical for more options.

Comment

I will agree with ZS.

Comment

I'll check out the JS30, thanks. At least I wont have lost much if I win this one on ebay [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm, the JS30 isnt what I want either, I dont want a floyd or floyd copy. Just a standard strat kinda trem... maybe I should go for an older Charvel, I've seen more of those with standard trems

Comment

Ok. In that case, the JS1/20 may be good for you, but I suspect the pickups are junk. And with the uncertain quality of India-built guitars, I'd definately want to play it before parting with the cash.

'bane

Comment

definitely, even
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

*jumps out the window* [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

DO FUCKING NOT buy a JS1/JS20. They are complete, total, absolute, and utter SHITE WITH STRINGS. Seriously, get a Squier Bullet before you get one of these. Yes, they're the same thing with different pickups and headstocks. They're both the exact same crapheap.

The only other low-cost J/C's with a vintage trem's I can think of are the Model 1 and the Performer series PS7. You might want to look into one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                    DO FUCKING NOT buy a JS1/JS20. Seriously, get a Squier Bullet before you get one of these.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wasn't being funny. Those Squier Bullets are $100 and don't have yellow frets. What more could you ask for? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X