Mahogany Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahogany Import

Did Jackson ever build a dinky import body w/ HH config. (1 vol, 1 Tone, and a switch blade selector) made of mahogany? The owner told me it was a 2001-2002 dx-10d. I have a RX10D that musiciansfriend said had a mahogany body. The only thing I can find is the fusion. If it is a fusion will I be able to put a DK2 neck on it, and if so will I have 25.5 scale guitar or what kinda moster will end up with?
    Thanks in advance
    Scott T.
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Mahogany Import

The fusion HH is mahogony but is short scale 24 3/4.I don't know for sure about any 2 hum mahogony dinkys.Thats a good question. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think those DX and RX models were mahogany (at least some of them were, from what I remember). I think Rick on this board had one of those bodies he was selling. I think they're a pretty cheap grade of mahogany, though.
      The SLSMG is mahogany and is supposed to be pretty good from what I hear, but it's a thinner archtop body. Not sure what kind of mahogany it is, but it's probably better than the DX or RX series.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its your taint!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought my RX10D for $299 w/ case 2 years ago. I replaced the pickups w/ EMG’s (81 & 85) and replaced all the hardware. All the hardware is gold and the trem is Schaller on a cherry burst. I thought the guitar was going to be a piece of sh1t. It plays great and everyone always complements on the tone of the guitar. I have a couple of brand new DK2 necks and hoping for the out come.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

I know this won't help much. The DX10D's are listed as Alder bodies in the 2000 and 2002 catalogues. The RX10D's are listed as Alder in the 2000 catalogue, but listed as Poplar in the 2002 catalogue. Anybody else notice this? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
              www.myspace.com/demiricous
              www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
              www.myspace.com/legionmetal
              www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

i don´t know if there was a mahagoni body. but don´t put a 25,5 scale neck on a 24 3/4 body!
                this will not work fine. it would be an terrible mix of both salelenght. keep in mind that everything is shorter build on a fusion. the trem and the pus are closer together than on a 25,5 scale axe.

Comment

I had a DX10D, made in India. JT500 trem, H/H config- sharkfin reverse neck.

Jackson's specs MAY say Alder..

But I'll eat my hat if it is..

It looked like that cheap asian mahogany. In the pup routes, neck pocket, cavities ect..

It certainly looked like Mahogany.. brown, soft..

Comment

Working...
                  X