What is this Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this Jackson?

I've got a reverse head Jackson that I believe is an import. Strat type body in black with chrome tuners and locking trem. Licensed Floyd rose, not stamped Jackson. One volume, one tome and a three way PU selector. Dual Black Humbuckers w/no markings. Neck heel plate has a serial #99010765 but no 'Jackson' markings. Neck is marked 'Jackson' but no 'performer' 'professional' 'concept', or anything but has sharkfin inlays. Truss rod cover has no markings. Neck is not as thin as my performer. I am about to sell this one and don't know what it is. Any ideas?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: What is this Jackson?

D'oh! I missed the part about the sharkfins. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson3:
      Jackson DXMG?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">he said chrome tuners.

Hey 442 does it have binding? (white plastic around the fretboard and headstock).

If not, I'm gonna guess DX10D.

See ya in the Classifieds! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No binding, I need to take a picture. Yup, chrome HW and serial only is on the neckplate. The pickups are black with exposed pole pieces, but no markings. I took one out to look @ it and there were no markings on the backside either just Cadmium plated metal. Basically looks exactly like a cross between the two that Jeff 300 and Jackson 3 posted. I'll check out the DX10D, is the 'D' the DX10 but with sharkfin inlay maybe? BTW mine has a real nice Jackson Case. I think I hate Floyd Rose tho: Takes me two weeks just to set it up! yes I am that lazy/impatient/ignorant.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Here is a pic of it. I have close ups of the heel plate and Trem/Pickups too. I screwed up earlier asking 'bout the 'd' in DX10d, I thought the DR10 was related to the DX10d. It's like the DX10D, but with out the third knob, no pickup split switch? and the pickups don't say 'duncan designed'. Gives me something to go on price wise tho. Think somebody would give me $295 with the original Jackson molded HSC? It's in real good shape xcept a chip out of the wood behind the tip of the headstock. Oh yeah, replacing the strings tonight too.

Comment

Jackson DXMG?

Comment

Look like this?

Comment

What kind of pickups? Two Duncan Designed humbuckers with exposed pole pieces? What kind of fret markers? Dots? If so, I'd say its a DR10, made in India. Those models had nothing on the neckplate other than a long serial number.

Like this?

If so, they're worth no more than $125. They were about $175 new in some stores.

Comment

Sure looks like a DX10D all right! I was most likely CORRECT in my guess! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Some had only 2 knobs.

295 sounds high, though. We just sold a 2002 DX10D in excellent condition (w/o case) for $199.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Another Mystery Solved! I will adjust the price accordingly (when I learn to let go of the guitar). Thanks for all your help. So I guess my DX10D is from the land of India seeing as how the Floyd doesn't have a Jackson stamp on it (JT500)? and the heel plate has just a serial #. Since the serial starts with 99, I'm guessing 1999 production and that would indicate Indian production too.

Comment

Working...
                    X