Performer Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performer Series

I bought a Kelly shaped Performer series a while ago and discovered to my dismay that it had some serious electronics issues, like sometimes flippin' the p'up selector and having no signal and the volume pot having little or no effect on signal output. Are the parts on these really that inferior to what I might get at stew-mac for example, or is it more a workmanship issue with solder joints? I have some fair soldering skills, but need information on who makes good quality parts before I dive into reworking this beast. I would appreciate any info you might have to offer concerning this model - it's a PS6, right?

Re: Performer Series

It's a PS6T. They made two types - Solid or Transparent finishes. I've got one of those too. Considering it might be 7 years old (PS6T made from 95 to 01), those aren't real uncommon parts to fail. Alot actually fail from lack of use. Tuner cleaner may help if thats the case. Your volume switch might be bad or, if you aren't the original owner, the guitar may have been rewired at some point incorrectly. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I had that the case on several I have bought. Check the the connections to make sure they're right. Here's a good resource on wiring - http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/c...ringresources/ . The Seymour Duncan section should work. Check out the 2 Humbucker, 1 Volume page. Ignore the Push-pull switch and solder the red & white wires together. If you need to replace the parts, I've used StewMac stuff on some rebuilds and had good luck. Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X