JS30RR....Is this coming out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30RR....Is this coming out?

I heard a rumour about a JS30-RR, just a real cut down version of a RR-5, BUT with 24 FRETS. Yeah baby! String thru also, dot inlays (ill get a replacement neck!)

Does anyone know if this is coming out for NAMM. I love the RR shape, and need a beater guitar for uni, and its a sweet idea.

Is this a total rumour? Or maybe a real old model ive not heard of?

Any speculation on the neck, would it be extended, or would the neck pickup simply be moved further to the bridge (or removed) to accomodate the extra frets?

Re: JS30RR....Is this coming out?

It's real; there are a couple of topics here that have links to pics.

The first 24-fret RR here (not counting the limited Road hazard custom shop model) and it has fuggin dots in it. Boo!!!! I've already e-mailed a couple of dealers to ask if they can order one for me with a replacement neck from a DK-2, but not a single one has responded. I don't want to have to go through Ebay for one because when guitars get parted out, often enough there's a reason for why they weren't kept whole, and sometimes that neck for sale just might be the reason.

A while ago someone (can't remember who exactly) said that you can now get replacement necks from Jackson, but wasn't specific as to where you can get them. Does anyone know?

Comment

Haha, they are in the thread just below. Aint i stupid?

Anyway, Jackson used to offer replacement necks, and Fender currently does. Maybe a service (if not already availible) will be made active at namm? They better make maple boarded necks. Id love on on that JS30RR :drools:

Comment

I hear the stock pickups are pretty good!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

same as the old rr pro ex real close I bet . but this bad boy has 24 frets and no trem , and the hardware will be dirt cheap so expect to put some cash in for that and new pick ups forsure . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            I hear the stock pickups are pretty good!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">who makes em Ron ? //Steve

Comment

are they the same pus mounted on the old professional serie?I liked the bridge pu on KE pro that a friend of mine own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
                are they the same pus mounted on the old professional serie?I liked the bridge pu on KE pro that a friend of mine own.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">there not like the old fat hum that jackson use to make they are the same size that the emg hz's are , I've tryed a js30 unplugged and they looked kinda cheap to me but I could be wrong , I use to think that the emg hz's were crap as well but not so at all and usa made as well , and now I would put em up against any duncan I've owned , so tyhere is a chance that these pick ups might be nice , but for the money of the guitar the 1st place they cheap out on is the hardware then the pickups , Ron said that they were going for 290 I think and thats dirt cheap so somewhere in there they cheaped out and it can't be just the inlays either . //Steve

Comment

Steve, what I did was look up the GC GLP on the current JS30; it is $299.99 (MSRP is $427.99). We will have to see if FMIC raises the price on the new JS30s. Hopefully they won't.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X