RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Re: NAMM preview...

I think this is a bad sign.

I can't help comparing to BC Rich...

Things turned to shit for them when they started puting the higher end shapes like the beast and the widow headstock on bottom line guitars.

Keep the Jackson trademark shapes to the higher lines please.

This only dilutes the quality image for the brand in my opinion.

Shades of the mid 90ies.. a low point in Jackson imports.

Comment

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!
        A 24-FRET RHOADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        *DIES*
        [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

And no pickguard and v-plate either!
        Great job, FMIC/Jackson!
        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

I disagree, 2loud--I think this is exactly what Jackson should be doing. Note that the guitars are more 'stripped-down' than the higher-end versions. There is a distinct lack of RR and KV shapes in the lineup currently except for the upper-end guitars. Even the JS30WR shouldn't cannibalize many sales from the other bolt-on WRs, since those guitars have significantly different features. These guitars are capitalizing on Jackson's famous shapes at a lower price point--why let ESP have all the fun with them?

Let me put it this way: I have never bought a new Jackson of any kind (lack of fundage for the USAs, mostly), but if that JS30KV has the big 6100 fret wire (unlike all of the neckthru KVs), I WILL be buying one. The specs are all first rate, given that the inferior JT-580 trem is out of the picture. If these are priced like the current JS-30, that's a hell of a deal right there.

Comment

24 fret RHOADS BABY!!!! That was the ONLY thing holding me back on getting another, let's hope the USA series gets one as well!

If anything great job Fender!

Comment

The JS30 is the best deal in the Jackson lineup, without question. They can be had NEW for about $260, have EXCELLENT necks, surprisingly good pickups, and a good trem. They're definitely NOT a dilution of the Jackson name. The shitty Indian-built guitars, on the other hand, are.

The price is more than right and as long as the quality is there, I'll probably own a couple when they come out. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, cool! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now if they only could have put the input jack on the top wing instead of the bottom one. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                  I think this is a bad sign.

I can't help comparing to BC Rich...

Things turned to shit for them when they started puting the higher end shapes like the beast and the widow headstock on bottom line guitars.

Keep the Jackson trademark shapes to the higher lines please.

This only dilutes the quality image for the brand in my opinion.

Shades of the mid 90ies.. a low point in Jackson imports.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">JAckson has had the import shapes for along time now. They're fine. quit beinga snob. Not everyone can afford a 1000+ RR-1 or SL-1. Or should they all just play ESP LTD's?

You have the U.S.A...superior quality and playability..and you have the japanese imports...they all have the same body shapes..always have, one is just more affordable, which is nice for us starving musicians. The JS series is perfect for an adolescent just getting into guitar..easy on mommy's wallet, plus they look cool. The people that will be buying these will have no concept of waht action, neck radius, and finish have to do with anything. As long as it stays in tune...they're happy.

and if they ahve a 24 fret JS series Rhoads....oooh, I"m sure that will spread into their higher lines. BRAVO

Comment

Nothing is wrong with it.
                    There are always people who would prefer to spend less money for what they can afford.
                    This has happened with every company including Fender,Gibson,Ibanez,PRS,Peavey and so on.

If you don't like it, just buy USA models or stick with what you already have and be quiet [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What I see from here is I am expecting something even cooler with USA series.
                    24RR?
                    Seems like Strathead 22frets with 10 different graphics and choices of 1hum,2hum, recessed and non recessed Floyd according to Easton Guitars website.

BIG WAVES OF JACKSON/CHARVEL ON THIER WAY TO NAMM
                    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
                      Seems like Strathead 22frets with 10 different graphics and choices of 1hum,2hum, recessed and non recessed Floyd according to Easton Guitars website.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where do you see this on the Easton website? How 'bout a link?

Comment

I was hoping to get string-thru-body on the RX10D, and not something with fuggin dots in the neck. And you just had to deliver on a mass-produced 24-fret Rhoads this way? Damn you!!! *runs off crying*

The MSRP will be $427, but what can I expect the average retail price to be on those? Will a dealer let me order one with a different neck (like a DK-2 neck)?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where do you see this on the Easton website? How 'bout a link? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here you go
                          http://www.eastonguitars.com/WWW/Pages/Newz.html

Check 11/26 message.
                          It doesn't really say Stratheads but I can imagine this could happen or at least I wish.
                          If not, I can imagine they would use Pointy head with Strat bodies.

Comment

I'm not much of a TOM fan, but I gotta say, that Warrior looks really nice! As far as dot inlays go, I'll take dots over pearloid sharkfins any day -- it makes custom inlay installation easier and cheaper!
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't mind dots at all - and last time I checked, the inlay shape didn't affect sound or feel to any measurable degree. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Unless the RR-5 gets a similar overhaul, the JS30RR will probably be my next purchase as far as guitars go. Visually, it actually reminds me a lot of the old EX series, and I like that kind of "bare bone" guitars. Cover it up with obscene stickers and you've got a killer axe right there! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It would probably need a pickup transplant and a graphite nut before it's truly useful though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Working...
                              X