Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finished KS2 Project

[ QUOTE ]
    You gotta flip the Super Distortion so it matches.

It will not effect the sound at all.

Anyway Looks killer !

[/ QUOTE ]

Good eye, thanks. How did I missed that. I had to do the same thing on my Charvel Star replica I just finished.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

scotty,

I have a Kelly Star too. Blue flamed maple top, my hardware is the "brushed aluminum". Maybe that is what you had at first?

I like the feel of the neck but I don't like rosewood, MOTO sharks, and no binding, or the reverse headstock. I like the reverse fins, however.

So my ideal neck would be bound ebony, regular headstock, and reverse MOP sharkies. I don't think such a thing ever exsisted.

But since these are kinda rare, do you think it's best to keep them stock original?

Comment

From a collectors stand point I would say yes, keep it stock. From a player stand point I would say do what makes you happy and keep all the origonal parts. A lot of my guitars are parts mutts just like my Kelly Star. I love ebony boards. If I had one lying around I would have put one one the guitar.

Of course this is just my opinion.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

The neck actually plays real nice - I could live with it except for the reverse headstock LOL! I like Kellys/Stars/Explorers with a regular headstock.

Comment

very nice - the asb finish is superb... like your avatar too.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I doubt those will reach very high collector's values though. Maybe in 20-30 years or something. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But then again, you never know... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X