Information of my ps-2? Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information of my ps-2? Please!

I know only three things of my Jackos history.. It's made in Korea, It belongs to performer series and in place of floyd rose is normal.. Does the two last number in serial number tell the year when it is made?

Re: Information of my ps-2? Please!

I have a ps-2 as well, but mine was made in japan (i believe). i would like to know how to read the serial # too.

Comment

I have heard that if serial begin with 10 it's made in Korea.. If it starts with 09 it's made in Japan..

Comment

Originally posted by Junsku:
        I have heard that if serial begin with 10 it's made in Korea.. If it starts with 09 it's made in Japan..
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, and that's about all that could be said about it I'm afraid. As far as we know, the production year of imports is not traceable through their serials. I think someone said that year indexing only applied to serials on USA models, and that the imports are just numbered sequentially.

Sometimes you can trace the production year if the guitar has special features, such as unusual hardware, finishes or pickups that were only available during limited periods.

'bane

Comment

The performer series is really hard to tell aside from thos ways mentiond of the hardware or finish options. But yeah the 09 is Japan and the 10 is Korea made. As far as parts go. The body was either alder or Basswood depending on location of make. Basswood korea, Alder Japan. Both had originally the JT590 trem (the tekuchi made one) Looks like a Schaller but it isn't. Black hardware, And jackson pups. Also if the neck has been swapped out the 12th fret dots are closer together than the Korean ecks dots, those are almost to the edge of the board.
          Gil

Comment

Working...
          X