Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Kelly?

Hi,
    I'm new here, just got a used kelly of some sort. I would like to know anything about it. It has reversed head & sharkfins, bolt-on, says jackson in headstock, neckplate says Jackson and # starts off with a 96xxxxx, floydrose licensed tremolo, 24 frets, 2 humbuckers with white jackson logos, and a humongous case. Also there's no binding on the headstock or body. Any info appreciated It's black and has black hardware except for the tuning thingy they are replaced with chrome schallers.

Re: Which Kelly?

When I look closer the body seems to be metalic black, but the headstock is regular black./pelle

Comment

Now That would be a KE-X

Japanese X-series guitar made only for Europe.

Comment

or an older ke-3?

Comment

Nope

Those had 22 frets and chrome hardware i believe

Comment

I have an older KE3 professional, 24 frets, black hardware, made in Japan sold to Australia.

No neck plate, serial on sticker at rear of headstock No. J008262. Non metallic black.

Duncan designed pick ups, straight headstock, sharkfin inlays, Jackson Floyd Rose licensed tremelo.

Comment

Does it say Professional on the headstock? If so, it's an older model, probably a KE3R. Not sure if they were available in metallic colors, though. Does it have binding on the neck and headstock?

I had a black Professional Kelly XLR (reversed headstock, reversed sharkfins), but it also had neck/headstock binding, no neckplate with the serial number on a sticker on back of headstock, Jackson logoed pickups, the bridge pup was an import, and the neck pickup was a USA J50N that looked like a bridge pickup with the adjustable pole pieces on the bottom coil instead of on top. The Kelly XL was the same thing, except regular headstock and sharkfins. They were from around the '95/'96 timeframe.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It couldn't be a KE3 those dodn't have neck plates. It is Japanese made by the seriel number.
                And is about a 96. Does it say Professional or performer on the headstock? WHat kind of trem does it have? Schaller, JT590? (looks like a real Floyd but says Jackson on bass side and made in germany on the treble side. and has blades as pivot points). Is the finger board rosewood or Ebony?, Is the logo on the headstock a white decal or a pearloid looking logo? anyway a little more info would help a bit and maybe a picture or two also.
                Gil

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I'll try to take some pictures later, no binding on headstock or on body, underneath the neckplate there is another neckplate of plastic. On the headstock there's only Jackson written. The tremolo says jackson on the bass-side, license text under the finetuners ,no text on the treble side. Where the neckplate reside there's a slight slope towards the neck./Pelle

Comment

plain white logo on headstock with a small (R)
                    /pelle

Comment

Still think it is a KE-X

if it would be anything else it could be a KE3R but i don't think so, considering it has Jackson pickups.

Comment

Working...
                      X