Rhoads ID and info help ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads ID and info help ...

Performers are kinda low end. I think some if not all were made in Korea. $100-$250 range, but the lack of sharkfins really turns most true Rhoads/Jackson fans off! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I'd wait for a Japanese Rhoads with sharkfins (RR3, Rhoads Pro, RR5, etc).
    BTW welcome, I'm in SoCal also.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Rhoads ID and info help ...

Oh wait, you said it does have sharkfins...OK then it's not a Performer IIRC. Maybe it said Professional? If so, it is Japan made and might be a RR3. $240-$400.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Oh wait, you said it does have sharkfins...OK then it's not a Performer IIRC. Maybe it said Professional? If so, it is Japan made and might be a RR3. $240-$400.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">RR3s have Duncan Designed pickups in them. Of course, they could have been swapped out.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yes, I took that into account, Accept. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Rhoads ID and info help ...

OK guys, I think I've got Rhoads fever. I've got a half dozen 80's Charvel strats but that V is calling ...
          Anyway, I saw a Jackson RR in a local music store, but didn't have time to play it or check it in detail. What I need help with is determining if it is one of the "desirable" models.
          It's a bolt neck, has the thick Jackson plate like a Fort Worth Charvel, but I didn't see the Fort Worth logo or serial number on it. Pointy headstock (not reverse) with sharkfins of course, and if memory serves, 'Performer' after the Jackson logo. Gorgeous purple burst finish and real Duncans - not "Duncan designed", and a FR (licensed?) trem. I'm sure it's an import, but from where? Any idea about the quality of the 'Performers' or what year it might be. Any help appreciated.

Oh, almost forgot the dreaded question ... what price range?

Comment

Thanks for your input! I have to take another look - it may have said Professional, kinda hard to tell hanging way up where it was. If it's the Japanese one and plays well, I might snag it, since my Model series Charvels are some of the best quality imports I've ever seen.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X