Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarj is thinkin hard about getting a DXMG in GMG..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarj is thinkin hard about getting a DXMG in GMG..

After finding out why I don't ever hold onto pointy guitars and constantly discovering why I like Strat style bodies so much I figured I'd just get another Jackson because they KICK SO MUCH ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The one I've been looking at for over a year now is the DXMG. Now that it's in gunmetal grey I really really want one. I know there are alot of reviews on here about the DXMG and I've probably missed em all, but does anyone have a DXMG and a DK2? I need some comparisons on these 2 models. I love my DK2 and can't get over the feel of the neck. I know the EMG HZ's are middle of the fence here between suck and not sucking. I plan on dropping in a set of EMG's anyway. Basically the differences between the DXMG and the DK2 as far as feel and dimensions. I have played a few DXMG's, but didn't really have alot of time with one to make a good comparison.

Re: Sarj is thinkin hard about getting a DXMG in GMG..

i have the DXMG in GMG... and it kicks ass! As does the EMG-HZ.. I just like them more and more, and I think they sound great!

The neck is slim.. but not like an Ibanez RG. But it fits me just great! Overall it's a killer guitar for the money! I got mine for $379 incl. case from OSG! And it was probably the best deal I have ever done! It doesn't really match my SL2H, but it's not miles away either...

Great guitar anyway, get one! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

The neck is .040 thicker at the 1st fret, and .070 thicker at the 12th fret, than a DK-2, according to another thread on this same subject. It was about a week ago.
      2Loud2Old had expressed that both necks felt the same to him, when someone quoted
      the actual relative dimensions. I don't
      recall the dimensions themselves but do recall subtracting the thinner dimensions from the fatter and getting those differences, which aren't very much.

My DK-2 has a very thin (to me) neck, though as is said, not quite Ibanez thin.
      My Model 6 has a more substantial neck but it too is more than thin and fast enough for my wants and needs. Although
      in the end you'd have to try one to know,
      I bet that if you like a Strat neck and a DK-2 neck, you'd LOVE the DXMG neck as well. I'm thinking of geting one because I love having 2 humbuckers. Not really in a position to buy guitars now though.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I can't realy comment on the neck comparison, my DXMG is the only Jackson import I own...but it gets more play time than my SL2H, PC-1, and '88 custom. There is just something about it that is perfect. Get one. It feels great, sounds great stock, and looks great (especially GMG, mine is black). I was very skeptical about buying an import from my prior experience with a Jackson PS-3 (total crap), but the later models seem really nice...and they are SOOOOO much cheaper (my wife won't bug me as much)...
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm sold..........got some time in on one at a shop in the city South of me. He want's like $700+ for his so I'm not going there. From what you said Lerx it is a good cross between a Fender and a DK2 neck shape. Damn good feel. The HZ's sounded surprizingly good and gave me what I look for in a pickup as far as harmonics, bottom end thump and decent tone. They are compressed sounding which is good because I use Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion buckers and they are very loose and raw. I am sure a DXMG would complete my well rounded collection of guitars. From the way it felt to me it would get a load of playing time. I'm gonna get ahold of Kevin Easton and get one from him. He's got a good deal on em and especialy for us JCF junkies.

Thanks Anders, Lerx, MD. Your posts helped me to full realization on this.

Bottom line, DXMG is a killer deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Villalobos:
            but does anyone have a DXMG and a DK2? I need some comparisons on these 2 models.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2Loud2Old is your man. He has both models in addition to other superstrats and really loves the DXMG. I've heard nothing but good things about them; I will order one soon also!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think you'll really enjoy the DXMG (Especially if you like the DK2, very similar I think.

DXMG is like the DK2, with a little more "attitude"

I've raved on and on about mine only because I'm constantly amazed how I put down some more expensive axes and keep on picking it up.

I really, really think the EMG-HZ are damm good.. at least with my setup.. think Duncan Distortion with a tighter bottom end.

Plus it has a kickass METAL look! (Ebony board, MOP Logo and it would be ideal)

It's not the same Indian guitar it used to be, it doesn't belong with the DX10D or RX10D..don't be scared by the "X".. It's right up there with the DK2 and I think it holds it's own just fine with the DK1 I have.

Hardware is as good as the Jackson import Hardware gets., Fit, finish are all nice and clean, great fretwork, not tangs or rough edges.

A GMG DXMG is killer, go get em! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                it holds it's own
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its own
                [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                  it holds it's own
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its own
                  [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Except, in this case "its" seems possessive to me.

As in Ron's guitar (possessive) not Rons.

If "'s" is considered generally in the possessive, why would it be its and not "it's" -

Of course "it's" can be termed "It is"

But then "It is" doesn't seem possessive, but when used as .. "The Dog wagged it's tail.." certainly is.

"It's a living" is different, "It is" applies here.

I'm just plain confused. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Time to bring back "Schoolhouse Rock"

Comment

Or just peruse the Common Errors in English website [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/

Here's the "it's" article:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/its.html

Comment

Yea, yea... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

the DXMG is a great axe for the money,as good as a USA Dk-1 in most repects, the DK-1 goes for over a grand, while te dxmg can be had for under $500.
                        put a OFR and a set of usa duncans on one and you have a killer axe for under $700 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Or, keep the EMG-Hz and it'll be more than killer. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Which, are not budget pickups, but gen-u-wine made in USA pups, designed to compete with "usa Duncans"

Go try to buy a set, see the sticker shock.

Seriously, if you like Duncans, play around with a set.. they are very similar, although they are tighter and more compressed, especially in the bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                            Or, keep the EMG-Hz and it'll be more than killer. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Which, are not budget pickups, but gen-u-wine made in USA pups, designed to compete with "usa Duncans"

Go try to buy a set, see the sticker shock.

Seriously, if you like Duncans, play around with a set.. they are very similar, although they are tighter and more compressed, especially in the bottom end.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah i am hearing these pups are quite good! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] imagine that a $450 axe that does not need new pups [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] that is a big plus to me about buying a DXMG [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] the duncan designeds suck ass [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

hey just found this on a search,
                              that is a killer lookin axe,i am getting one if these EMG's are real good that it has stock?

Comment

Working...
                              X