DK27/DR7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK27/DR7

nothing of collectors interest.. but I'm checking out some import stuff and as such got both the 7 string and baritone

the DK27 baritone:
    actually the best baritone guitar I've tried so far, good quality.

the DR7 7-string:
    still not what I'm looking for personally (I think I've liked my Fender better, now I'm waiting for an Ibanez)

but the price you pay nowadays for these imports in the 2nd H market.. unbelievable .. I think you pay more for a Squier.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: DK27/DR7

Tonewise, which do you prefer, the 7 or the Bari?
    Which one's low-end is tighter and easier to manage?

I had a DR7, and tried to find a Baritone to compare it to, but never did. I did have a Warmoth baritone conversion neck on a Charvel 375 body, and liked it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Tonewise, which do you prefer, the 7 or the Bari?
      Which one's low-end is tighter and easier to manage?

[/ QUOTE ]

from the 2 you see, the Baritone hands down

(I don't have my Fender anymore, but I'm quite sure it sounded less muddy then the DR7.. but then again, quality differs without doubt on the DR7 series)

Comment

The low B on those 27" scale guitars sound absolutely crushing. You could knock down buildings with it. I could never really solo well on it, though, because the plain strings didn't sound as good to me at that longer scale.

Comment

IVe got an RR7R... plays ok, has some string buss on the low b that Im trying to chase down. The stock pups SUCK bigtime. The sound is sloppy and horrible... get new ones in there and it should be ALOT better.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
          X