OFR on a DK-2 pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR on a DK-2 pics?

anyone got any pics of the modded DK-2 with a OFR?

Re: OFR on a DK-2 pics?

Here's mine with an OFR from Carvin and I routed the neck pickup for a hummer, and put on a maple-boarded neck from a mid-90's Jackson JTX model [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

[ November 12, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Do you ever leave ANY guitar stock?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        Do you ever leave ANY guitar stock?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Fong [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks newc, you have shown me that there is a little extra route as in the pic that the floyd does not fill [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
          but nonetheless it still looks fine [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, is the schaller,gotoh floyds the same dimentions as a OFR?

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
              thanks newc, you have shown me that there is a little extra route as in the pic that the floyd does not fill [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The angle of that pic (as well as the Nuclear Fusion Flash of my camera) makes it look like a bigger space between the Floyd and the cavity edge, it's actually not that noticeable. Besides, you don't get graded on Architectural Cosmetics when playing guitar [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Ron - Yes, actually, my JCF-01 Rhoads is entirely stock, as is my Roswell Pro, and my Concert V Pro bass - all the others have been modded in some way [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

this one fit fine...dnno why some do and some dont...maybe because this is an older DK-2?

shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The angle of that pic (as well as the Nuclear Fusion Flash of my camera) makes it look like a bigger space between the Floyd and the cavity edge, it's actually not that noticeable. Besides, you don't get graded on Architectural Cosmetics when playing guitar [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] hey for the advantages of a OFR it could look like S**T and i would still put one on a DK-2 [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

shawn hows that demon sound in your DK? i got one on the way for mine [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                      shawn hows that demon sound in your DK? i got one on the way for mine [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like that pick-up and it suits the DK-2 just fine for my tastes. It is not a super hot pickup output wise but I like to tone of it. I have a Demon in the bridge of a couple other guitars as well and it sounds good in them too.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like that pick-up and it suits the DK-2 just fine for my tastes. It is not a super hot pickup output wise but I like to tone of it. I have a Demon in the bridge of a couple other guitars as well and it sounds good in them too. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">COOL! i got one on the way,i want a "hotter PAF tone"
                        and i hear the demon is just that? like a hotter 59?

[ November 14, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: randyvanmalmsteen ]

Comment

Working...
                        X