got my Fusion ... headstock shows damage >(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my Fusion ... headstock shows damage >(

I got a Fusion yesterday that I bought on ebay. I asked the seller before I bid which kind of scuffs and scratches it has, what condition the neck is in and so on. So he emailed me back telling me about the dings. Other than those that he mentioned he said the guitar is in an excellent condition.

So I get the guitar yesterday, unpack it and have to see that the headstock has suffered some damage some time ago and that it has been fixed. There's a piece of a bout slightly more than 1 inch that had been broken off and glued back on. The repair has been done well but still the guitar is not in the condition as described and I think it greatly devalues the guitar. I think I paid too much for it. So I already sent the seller an email and am waiting for a reply.

I don't think that such a damage to the headstock can be considered 'excellent condition'. How much do you think the damage should be discounted? I'm thinking at least 100 bucks. I included some pics so you guys can take a look at it yourself and tell me what you think. I'd really like to keep the guitar since it plays and sound AWESOME and I know how hard Fusions are to find. But still, I think the whole deal of not telling someone about something like this is way not cool.

Re: got my Fusion ... headstock shows damage >(

$100 seems like a fair discount. Heastock reapirs absolutley should be mentioned in auctions. I got burned on an RR1 and it was alot worse.

Matt

Comment

Yeah the guy shoulda mentioned it if he knew about it.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That a crack in the binding also? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

eBay choads [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

no, the binding is not cracked.

Comment

If you can't arrive at a satisfactory price just try to get your money back. Seems like enough justification to me. I'd be mucho ticked over something undisclosed like that.

Comment

RR1, those are neck-through right? Mine's just bolt-on. I think I'd get a heart attack if that was a set neck or neck-through guitar.

Comment

Yeah, the seller should have definitely diclosed the damage and repair.
                This is off the main topic, but I find this type of headstock damage to be the most common on charvel/jacksons. From what I've seen off Ebay etc., the break is on the the corner of the low E-string on non-reverse necks and it always passes thru the tuner-set screw on the back of the headstock.

I have one with this kind of damage that I bought used and repaired myself but never experienced the accident of cracking off the corner myself. Has anyone here experienced this unfortunate damage? Just curious on what kind of force it taked to crack off the corner. I figure all it would take is having the guitar strap slip off the strap button and it hitting the floor, but that would crack the underside of the headstock, not the top. Who here wants to donate there guitar to science! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

If the crack went all the way through, then I imagine the repair was definitely a pro job, since the binding appears undamaged. I have a Dinky that got knocked on the floor and cracked in the same place, and plays fine after a repair...but if I were selling, I would absolutely mention it.
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the replies guys. Well, like I said I contacted the seller in a very friendly way, trying to settle things and haven't heard back from him in 3 days.

If I won't hear from him soon I'll call him, I have his phone number. The thing that pisses me off now is that some people do not even have the integrity and at least get back to you when something like this happens. Not telling is one thing, but not even responding anymore is very low.

Comment

Working...
                    X