Jackson KE-7R Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KE-7R Info

can anybody give me some info about This guitar?
    according to the price (555€, i dont know exactly but i estimate its 600$) its a japanese jackson, but i dont know exactly. so please tell me something about it.
    also, do you think its a good deal?

greets

fragle

Re: Jackson KE-7R Info

Yeah, they're Japanese. To be honest, I wasn't too enamored with my DK7 when I had it - I think there are better 7 strings for the money - but they're a good quality guitar. The price is a touch high for the U.S., but I don't know about Europe.

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

as for the price...as i said, i dont exactly know how much 555€ are in $. but i can tell you: things are expensive here! well, you get amps from engl framus and diezel for a price which i think is much lower than in the US, but...only as an example: you have to pay up to 3000€ for a mesa dual rectifier, and every time i read the reviews on harmony central i almost cry because things are so cheap in the US. damn....i live in the wrong place [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

back to the topic: you say that there are better 7strings for this price. can you name a few?
      but please dont say "Ibanez". i HATE ibanez. the necks are CRUEL. for a player like me who loves necks like les paul's those paper-thin ibanez necks are almost hurting [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] well, i think even i won't like a 7string les paul neck....that would be too fat [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ive thought about a esp h 207 (~1000€) but then i saw this kelly and the first thing that came to my mind was "500€ saved...i think i'll get a 4x12 cabinet" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

fragle

Comment

Try the Schecter Diamond Series C-7 or A-7 - they don't have super-thin necks, and the build quality is superior to the Jacksons, IMO.

Actually, the through-neck LTDs are pretty good, too, especially the H307. (BTW, I've got a 207, and it's pretty nice, but not for the price difference over the Jackson.) I believe they're easier to get in Europe than the Schecters.

Mike

[ October 31, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Michael ]

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:
          as for the price...as i said, i dont exactly know how much 555€ are in $.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">= $644.99
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle:
            can anybody give me some info about This guitar?
            according to the price (555€, i dont know exactly but i estimate its 600$) its a japanese jackson, but i dont know exactly. so please tell me something about it.
            also, do you think its a good deal?

greets

fragle
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">theres one in the new dimmu borgir vid as well , I ve played both the floyd version and the non floyd version pictured there and they both play awesome !!! //Steve

Comment

yes, you are right, schecters are pretty hard to get here in germany. actually, ive never played or seen one [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . how much are those schecters in the US?

fragle

Comment

New, the set-neck Schecters were about $750, the bolt-ons were in the $650 range, but used they're going for $250 for bolts, $300-350 for set neck. Of the two in production now, the Omen-7 is cheap, about $350, and the 007 Elite is in the $650 range.

Again, finding one in Europe may be tough, but the Deans are also nice, especially the EVO.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X