Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG bodywood

Hey all,

How can I obtain the bodywood specification belonging to my DXMG? I thought it was poplar but the Jacksonsite has changed the wood from poplar to alder very recently. From which serialnumber on are the DXMG's alder? And if you aren't able to anwer this question, do you know to whom I can e-mail to? My serial# is 96 84 037

Thanx,
    Ize

Re: DXMG bodywood

http://www.jacksonguitars.com
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanx Tekky for the good intentions but as I said in my message I know that the Jackson site says it is alder but some time ago it said it was poplar. They have changed the specs around the time I bought my guitar. And now I am confused! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Yeah, I can strip off the paint to watch if it's greenish but I'd rather not... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And okay it sounds really good so it doesn't really matter what it's made of but I'd like to know everything and I can imagine that other DXMG owners would like to know too.

Ize

Comment

They're alder.

Comment

Is that to say they have always been alder, or are you just stating that the current ones are alder?

Comment

Alderways

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Izegrim:
              Thanx Tekky for the good intentions but as I said in my message I know that the Jackson site says it is alder but some time ago it said it was poplar. They have changed the specs around the time I bought my guitar. And now I am confused! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Yeah, I can strip off the paint to watch if it's greenish but I'd rather not... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And okay it sounds really good so it doesn't really matter what it's made of but I'd like to know everything and I can imagine that other DXMG owners would like to know too.

Ize
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm just curious... If the documentation says alder and you'd rather not strip off the paint, then how are we going to tell you if it's poplar? Not trying to be a jerk, but all we really have to go by is the documentation that is available.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Right, Black Mariah, you state that they're alder. Could it be that they changed the bodywood same with the trem? As the production moved to Japan, Jackson has equipped the DXMG with the JT580LP instead of the JT500. Secondly I can think of the change made as FMIC had taken over Jackson/Charvel. The DXMG I got came in a Fender-box. The picture on the Jackson site still displays the Indian model. When you look closely you see the JT500 on this model. They changed the tremtype in the specs long before the bodywoodtype changed. I don't want to be too critical but can you explain why you are so sure that they're alder?

Thanx,
                Ize

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                  I'm just curious... If the documentation says alder and you'd rather not strip off the paint, then how are we going to tell you if it's poplar? Not trying to be a jerk, but all we really have to go by is the documentation that is available.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's only what I got too. But I don't have any costumersupport e-mailaddress so I turn to you guys. You never know if, for example, someone did strip one for some reason and has a higher serial# than me and identified the bodywood as poplar or alder. Otherwise there could someone be hanging around here involved in the production of these guitars, I don't know. If I'd thought that I knew more than anyone here I wouldn't ask. In fact I am really happy that my question has come under attention by some of you. Some other guy had a likewise question about the DKMG and noone replied. So thanx for the effort.

Ize

Comment

Originally posted by Izegrim:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:
                    I'm just curious... If the documentation says alder and you'd rather not strip off the paint, then how are we going to tell you if it's poplar? Not trying to be a jerk, but all we really have to go by is the documentation that is available.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's only what I got too. But I don't have any costumersupport e-mailaddress so I turn to you guys. You never know if, for example, someone did strip one for some reason and has a higher serial# than me and identified the bodywood as poplar or alder. Otherwise there could someone be hanging around here involved in the production of these guitars, I don't know. If I'd thought that I knew more than anyone here I wouldn't ask. In fact I am really happy that my question has come under attention by some of you. Some other guy had a likewise question about the DKMG and noone replied. So thanx for the effort.

Ize
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Black Mariah was with QC for Jackson before the Fender buyout.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Who cares? I've got Jacksons that are poplar and alder... they sound a little similar. Just play the thing and don't worry about it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the DXMG was always Alder, I remember when they first came out them being made of alder was a big selling point for people.

I wouldn't care either ways, poplar and alder sound the same too me, and both are durable.

Comment

AFAIK, they've always been alder. The switch from JT500 to 580LP wasn't accompanied by a body wood change that I know of, and nothing changed significantly from AMIC to FMIC.

Comment

Okay, I guess it's alder then. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Maybe it was a mistake they've corrected. Thanks for the info. It's true that I don't really care about if it's poplar or alder (I would if it turned out to be plywood) but I just like to know. The site store that I bought it from stated it was basswood?!? Can't be right eh? Thanks again.

Comment

Well, now you know more than the store! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X