My new DK2 EDS - review and pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new DK2 EDS - review and pics!

Okay, I have had it for about a week now and I absolutely love it! Call me crazy, but I think I even like it more than my PC1. Yeah, that is how good it plays. And, as far as quality is, it is just so perfect. The only thing that I could possibly gripe about is where the binding overlaps a little on the headstock, but this is to be expected on the imports. The neck is simply perfect. I guess the PC1's neck was just too big for me. I love the DK2's a lot better as far as feel and playability. I have to admit there is a tad more purple in the swirl than I would personally like, but I can get over that. And, I thought I wouldn't like the chrome hardware, but that too is growing on me. So, two thumbs up for me and the cost value is superb. Can you believe my wife bought it brand new for $350? Yep, great deal!
    Brian

Re: My new DK2 EDS - review and pics!

Congrats! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very cool, congrats ! I love EDS finish.

Comment

Congrats...I love my DK2 EDS (see my thread in the general forum). I added a SD Screamin' Demon and now it really rips. I usually don't like chrome hardware (except on the transparent finish SL guitars) but I think it works well with the EDS finish.

Comment

Congratz! Nice axe. I have a DK2 HRF but i just can't seem to adjust myself to her. I keep playin' the DXMG, the Rhoads and the Kelly a lot more.

How does yours feel?

Just curious.

Keep it comin! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

kuerbo
            Member # 449 posted October 16, 2003 12:19 AM
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            How does yours feel?

Just curious.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can honestly say it feels as good if not better than a lot more expensive USA guitars I have tried. I went to a guitar store here in town that has a lot of different brands, like Jackson, Ibanez, Dean, Gibson, Epiphone, and PRS. I tried probably 15 guitars in one day and I kept coming back to Jackson imports. I am really impressed. The neck is just the way a great neck should be. It is thin, fast, smooth, and there is just the right amount of finish on the neck, not too sticky that is.
            Brian

Comment

Maybe i just wasn't lucky. In theory, the DXMG should be very similar to the DK2 feel, but in my case the black one feels a lot more confortable. I like the Hot Rod Flames, and i wanted a H-S-S configuration, but i think i'm gonna get rid of the DK2 sooner than later.

Enjoy yours! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

BTB007, I have to agree with you on the feel. I have owned a total of 3 Jackson imports and 1 Charvel import and have played so many others including USA models. So far my DK2 has been the best out of em all. I would like a USA Jackson, but if I can get an import Jackson that feels better to me I just don't see the need in spending more money. I put a Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion in my DK2 and it totaly rips! Can't beat em for the price, quality, feel and sound. I plan on getting the DXMG next unless Jackson puts out something better at Winter NAMM.

JACKSON RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice axe you got there. I was debating between the EDS and the Crimson Swirl...went with the Crimson...sorry no pics, the dig camera is hosed [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a DK2 EDS about maybe a year ago, but couldn't get used to it, having played Strats for so long. Ended up trading it in for a tele, but part of me thinks I should have given the DK2 more of a chance. Time to check out the classifieds [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Congrats on the guitar man.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic:
                      I had a DK2 EDS about maybe a year ago, but couldn't get used to it, having played Strats for so long. Ended up trading it in for a tele, but part of me thinks I should have given the DK2 more of a chance. Time to check out the classifieds [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      Congrats on the guitar man.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny you should say that, he's already selling it in the classifieds! Have a look!

Dave->
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Go here:
                        classifieds link

Dave->
                        Dave ->

Comment

Thanks for the advertisement Dave!
                          And, mystic, I still haven't received the case yet. So, I haven't put it on the bay yet. Email me and we can do a deal!
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007:
                            Thanks for the advertisement Dave!
                            And, mystic, I still haven't received the case yet. So, I haven't put it on the bay yet. Email me and we can do a deal!
                            Brian
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No problem Brian, good luck bud!

Dave->
                            Dave ->

Comment

cool man ! nice pics ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X