KV3 Profesional with dot inlays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV3 Profesional with dot inlays?

Did they make a Jackson KV3 with Dot inlays? And was it part of the Profesional series?

Re: KV3 Profesional with dot inlays?

Actually that would be the King V Standard or a 1996 KV-2 (import).

The KV-2 later became a USA model.

If it's a KV Standard, it should say King V Std on the trussrod cover, and Professional on the head after the logo.

The early KV-2's would not have anything on the trussrod cover (according to the 96 catalog), but did say Professional.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure the KV3 did have dot inlays and Jackson hums for the first year or two, without the "King V Std" truss rod cover. Saw a couple at Guitar Center like that, back around 1997-98.
      sigpic

Comment

No, KV3 started in 1998 and always had sharkfin inlays. If this KV has dots, it's probably a Std, as Newc said.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We need the MOAIP, stat! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X