DXMG still made in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG still made in Japan?

Just curious if the DXMG is still made in Japan. I might be buying one from www.zzsounds.com or www.samedaymusic.com soon.

Re: DXMG still made in Japan?

IIRC, all Jackson imports are now being made in Japan.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I was under the impression that ANY of the "X" Series {DXMG} was made in INDIA , and the guitars like the DKMG were built in JAPAN , but it WOULDN'T be the FIRST TIME that I was WRONG ...

...OR the LAST !!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, Doc, you *were* right, but the DXMG is made in Japan now. I believe all X-series guitars are, with just the JS-series cheapies being made in India.
        sigpic

Comment

A bit of topic here, but I keep seeing IIRC in people's posts. What does that mean? I'm sure I'm just showing my true ignorance here [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , but help a brutha out..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

A quick way to tell.

Look at the trem, if it has a JT500.. its made in India. JT580LP - Japan

Serial number too, as far as I know, all MIJ DXMGs have 7 digits and start with "9"

BTW, DXMG kicks the DK2's ass as far as I'm concerned.

These MIJ one's are built just as well, darker rosewood, black hardware. Plus reverse headstock.

Not to mention the EMG HZ sound way better than those ****ty Duncan Designs. ( I think they sound as good as my Duncan Distortions and JBs)

I've had 3 or 4 MIJ Dinkys, including the DK2, I've found this DXMG to be the best.

For me it's almost perfect, ebony board, MOP inlays, Floyd and it would be. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod:
              A bit of topic here, but I keep seeing IIRC in people's posts. What does that mean? I'm sure I'm just showing my true ignorance here [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , but help a brutha out..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I Recall Correctly

or

If I Remember Correctly
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The JS 30 is made in Japan

Comment

quote:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Hotrod:
                  A bit of topic here, but I keep seeing IIRC in people's posts. What does that mean? I'm sure I'm just showing my true ignorance here , but help a brutha out.....
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I Recall Correctly

or

If I Remember Correctly
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Ahhh...., Thanks RacerX. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dryer:
                    I was under the impression that ANY of the "X" Series {DXMG} was made in INDIA , and the guitars like the DKMG were built in JAPAN , but it WOULDN'T be the FIRST TIME that I was WRONG ...

...OR the LAST !!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi there, i think the DXMG is part of the MG series, not the X Series.

Cheers... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Nope. It's part of the X series, officially. Well, at least it WAS when it was introduced. I think it's officially MG series NOW. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A seven digit serial and a non-s**tty feel give it away as Japanese.

I really wish they'd change the name of the JS30. It gives people the impression that they're s**tty Indian s**tpiles. They're not. In fact, they're probably the best value for money of any guitar in production right now...

Comment

I played one the other day, felt pretty nice.

Wish it had sharkfins..

Comment

Working...
                        X