Jackson Pro Identity Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pro Identity Please

Hello, I saw a Jackson with Professional next to the logo, and it had offset-dots, 2 Humbuckers, and a bound neck, and a bolt-on neck, and the upper right bought had a half-moon type scoop where it shows some of the wood, what the heck did I just say [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Anyway, does anyone have any clue as to what I was looking at? Thanks-Jack.

Re: Jackson Pro Identity Please

I would guess some kind of Dinky if it had a 25.5" scale. A Fusion if it's 24.75" scale.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For now, let's call it "Frank"... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(I've always wanted to say that in response to one of these)

Bound neck? Got pix??
      Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Let's be frank. Does it have a Floyd or is it string-thru?

Comment

Frank Enstein [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you see wood, it's been shaved [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Offset dots says Stealth, 2 hums says one of them stone Dinkys or a DR2/3 (?) - were they direct-mounted or ringed?

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

None of the Dinky Reverse or Stealth models had binding that I can recall, unless the original Stealth Pro (pre-XL, EX, etc.) had black neck binding. Sounds to me like a Fusion.
            sigpic

Comment

Frank Enstein-Smith

Two responses to this one... "Don't look down..." or "It had a beard??"

Offset dots says Stealth, 2 hums says one of them stone Dinkys or a DR2/3 (?) - were they direct-mounted or ringed?
              The Stealth wasn't the only model to have offset dots though. I've got two Dinkys that are offset dots. This guitar sounds like them, but they don't have bound necks.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                Frank Enstein-Smith

Two responses to this one... "Don't look down..." or "It had a beard??"

The Stealth wasn't the only model to have offset dots though. I've got two Dinkys that are offset dots. This guitar sounds like them, but they don't have bound necks.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My two Dinky HX models have the string-thru TOM bridge, two humbuckers with white plastic offset dot inlays. My Dinky Reverse had MOP offset dot inlays with the JT580LP. Neither have neck binding. All have direct mount pups and the scalloped cutaway on the lower horn.

Newc, the Stone Dinky neck you've got has offset dots, doesn't it?

[ September 17, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Yup, but it's maple/maple, though I think I've seen them with rosewood. Also, all of those had a reverse headstock and the boards were not bound.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok, off-set dots, bound neck,floyd type trem, 2 Hums with rings, 3-way selector switch, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, gloss black. I do want to let you know were it is at, but I am very interested in it, especially if it is a Fusion HH model, I have been looking for one of those [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Email me personally Newc-Tekky-Toejam and I will let you know where, and maybe you can tell me what it is, the people that are selling it sure don`t. Thanks-Jack. [email protected]

Comment

OK, I found out it is a Fusion HH, I think these had Mahogany bodies, am I right? What kinda Trem did these have, JT-6? Jack.

[ September 17, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Fusion HH mahogony body,bound neck, off set dots, 24 3/4 scale Very cool not sure which pickups were used I plan on using a J80 in the bridge and a JH-2 in the neck on mine after the refin.A schaller floyd or JT580 were used on these.

[ September 17, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Richard ]
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          I would guess some kind of Dinky if it had a 25.5" scale. A Fusion if it's 24.75" scale.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah it sounds like one of your guitars toejam ! I had one of those as well if it's 25.5 scale but mine had no binding and a real nice [almost real looking] flame top in amber sunburst , I traded her right across for a new import fb that I ended up selling [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                            Fusion HH mahogony body,bound neck, off set dots, 24 3/4 scale Very cool not sure which pickups were used I plan on using a J80 in the bridge and a JH-2 in the neck on mine after the refin.A schaller floyd or JT580 were used on these.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep I had one of those as well [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] they are great guitars , I forgot about that one it was my fave strat style guitar ever , the pickups I had in it [stock] died after about 2 years so I traded it for a charvel ....... **** guys I feel like I am talking about my X's or something [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] now I realize why my wife getts so mad at me [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

......and it was a jt 580 style trem on em as well [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X