X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Proffesional guitar Info required

Hello folks,

I'm new here.

I have a white Jackson guitar that looks like the Dinky Pro that I saw on the jackson web site.
    it's a real beauty, it's a bolt on neck,
    22 frets.

It has active system pickups, all of them are Reflex Pickups. it's S S H configured.

It has 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 mid boost, and one more Treble button, Not sure why it's there.

What I would like to know is if anyone of you here might be able to help me find out what model this is and what year it was made.

Here's the serial number: 911905

Thanks in advance!

BetaCAM. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson Proffesional guitar Info required

Don't you want to know how much it's worth also?
    [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nah, Ron, that'll come later [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sounds like a mid-90's Dinky.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ya think? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

As opposed to early or late-90's which didn't have Reflex pickups [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

BTW if it has "Proffesional" on the headstock, it may just be one of them there Filipino Forgeries! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was told that these Reflex stuff kinda disappeared after 1992 or something like that...
              So it looks like a middle 90's guitar.

Anyone who had seen it, said it's a japanese made.

Also, anyone who had seen and heard it liked it.
              it's neck reminds kinda strat sound, really fat on Lead sounds...

Kinda Closed on Riff Distortions, the kind you hear on Death Metal bands...

I am a fan of 80's Metal, Glam and Speed metal stuff, but I'm a musician, my primary instruments are drums and keyboards...

If you wish I can send you Audio samples of the guitar, Flat of course and I will make a few pictures, it's in a clear white color, the one that I saw here in the gallery, it was a stealth Pro or a Soloist Pro, can't remember.

Let me know! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers!

BetaCAM.

Comment

I have the same guitar mate...

The serial number also starts off 911... like yours. The Reflex pickups are cool but mine sounded turd when played clean - the mid-boost pot did nothing to help matters in this respect. I have just swapped to a passive cicuit with three Seymours and the guitar now really kicks ass.

I bought mine in Preston, England for £500 in 1998 and the guitar was four years old and clearance stock then. That was with a Charvel Jackson HSC. Guy in the shop said they retailed at just over £1,000 sterling when they came out. Not to sure but i think they are either a Stealth LT or Dinky LT.

Stealths have a thinner body but these guitars seem to roughly have the same profile as them but with a thicker dinky-sized width. I also saw some jackson fusions on Ebay the other day and they look pretty similar to them.

[ September 17, 2003, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Peter ]

Comment

As far as the guitar goes; a little bit more info would help. Like what the finger board is and the inlays, aso the body shape if its tapered or slimmed down towards the edges of the body.
                  Is there binding on the neck and headstock. Etc...
                  As for the pups. The Reflex stuff was available as an option on Japanese made Pro series in the early 90's. I have a Stealth Pro (92) that came stock with reflex classics. Its my favorite out of my Jacksons. It was my first I boought it new in 92 and it listed for 1750.00 back then. I oaid like 950 i think. The reflex stuff was made in England and shortly went out of busieness when they couldn't compete with EMG. To me the Reflex stuff sounds better and more natural then EMG's do but everybody is different. Post sopme picks of it if you can. Or at least so more info on it.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by BetaCAM:
                    Anyone who had seen it, said it's a japanese made.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Any Jackson that says Professional on it is Japanese made.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I took some picks and I'll try to post them.
                      the intention is clear, the pics are fuzzy because I captured it using a Web Cam.

Basically, it's a rosewood neck, the thin necks that many Jacksons of that time has,

If these pics give you more info I'll be glad.

[ September 18, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: BetaCAM ]

Comment

What's with all this "info required" stuff I've been seeing on these thread topics lately? Shouldn't it be "info requested"? Why would it be required? Is it a Prerequisite to something else these people are trying to learn??? Sorry, I'm just bored tonight so I had to come up with something, but this really has been buggin' me. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey, that's a good point, MM! I didn't even notice that! Damned rude newbies! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

We should say... pics are required of newbies now, or they're banned! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X