DK2 EDS finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 EDS finish

Does anyone know if the finish in this photo is very typical of Eerie Dess Swirl finishes? It looks quite different from other darker EDS finishes I've seen pictured.
    http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...43103595473.27

Re: DK2 EDS finish

I think thats mostly from the strong lighting in the picture. I've got an erie dess dk2 and the finish looks much more subdued in normal light. Under strong light the blue shows up more and I see less of the violet/purple around the edges.

Comment

it is the lighting i have a dk2 with the same finish and it is very subtle but it is still one of the best finishes out there

Comment

Originally posted by Wes:
        Does anyone know if the finish in this photo is very typical of Eerie Dess Swirl finishes? It looks quite different from other darker EDS finishes I've seen pictured.
        http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...43103595473.27
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the usa stuff is pretty dark , the import stuff is really bright to bright I think the purple is very purple/pink/light purple , other than that I like the imports better , some of the usa stuff I've seen is almost blk in colour , the colbalt blue swirl and crimson swirl are better I think enless you want a rainbow guitar lol . //Steve

Comment

I second that poster above me who said the import EDS is lighter, because it is.

I've owned a USA Rhoads that had it, and it's definitely much darker than the import one I have with EDS now. I personally like the import version of EDS since it's brighter and really stands out more.

Comment

I have a EDS SL1 and the imports is deffinately brighter. Almost to a pastel brightness. ( I said almost). Im not crazy about the brightness of the DK2 and the SL1 is almost too dark unless in bright light. So maybe a compromise would be cool.
            Gil

Comment

Matt,
              I think it's great you kept all those cool pics. Thanks for posting pics from your Awesome Database! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

I will still keep um, but need to take um off my web site since they take up bookoo space.

Matt

Comment

Man, that would look so much better with Black Hardware [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I've owned two USA EDs, and seen two imports in person... the USAs have more depth in my opinion. The imports look like a paint job, but not 'real' eerie dess, if that makes sense.

here's a pic of one of mine I had...

Pete

Comment

Ooooooooooooo, that is so nice Pete [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                          I've owned two USA EDs, and seen two imports in person... the USAs have more depth in my opinion. The imports look like a paint job, but not 'real' eerie dess, if that makes sense.

here's a pic of one of mine I had...

Pete
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah the usa's are darker though but like you said the imports look like a paint job just a surface finish I like that on eds and crimson swirl but that cobalt blue one looks like a bad paint job maybe it just the blk mounting rings that makes me [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] but all the ones I've seen are chrome hardware and the cobalt blue swirl finish and blk mounting rings totally don't go with em at all inless its all blk hardware but they don't make em [blk hardware] I don't think , the one I saw [CBS finish] was on a kvx10 , our dealer is pretty much ordering everything from the catalog pictures up here , **** does it make life hard on me and my cash and my wife [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">this is a 99.9 percent pic of the eds on a import as well , on the ke3 the purple is way to much I think . //Steve

Comment

Working...
                            X