They've got to be kidding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've got to be kidding...

I've just noticed the change in DK2/DXMG prices, as advertised by several sites, like Musicians Friend for example. The prices have gone up at least $50 bucks each!!! Not to mention, the DXMG's list price went down!!!
    If the quality went up in their manufacturing(like the early 90's imports, from what I hear), then I'd have no problem buying an import for the extra cash.
    I don't intend offense toward those dealers, however, I see a real problem if if's just greed.

Re: They\'ve got to be kidding...

It's just them implementing Jackson's MAP
    or Minimum Advertised Price policy. This was actually enacted by AMIC when they still owned Jackson, but perhaps MF got away with keeping the lower prices advertised longer, since they are also Guitar Center and together are a huge source of import sales for Jackson.

If you find a place carrying those models
    and they have a "call for price" badge on the page, they are probably selling for less than the other dealers, but are prohibited from advertising the price if it's lower than the MAP set by Jackson.

You'll never again see import quality like the early 90s; why would they screw their own USA line out of sales by making
    Japanese versions with the same quality?
    That's why they stopped doing that!

Matt at OSG still has a few nice imports left, and his prices are blowout level!
    You won't see the prices he has anywhere
    else once they're gone. I nearly got a
    nice DK-2 in Crimson Swirl for $329, but I came across a nice Model 6 for a bit LESS money and I couldn't pass it up! The CS DK-2 sold quickly anyway!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm glad you passed on that CS DK2...I bought it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I really don't like the stock Duncan Designed pups, but the guitar's a keeper regardless!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:

You'll never again see import quality like the early 90s; why would they screw their own USA line out of sales by making
        Japanese versions with the same quality?
        That's why they stopped doing that!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More accurately, you'll probably never see an import with the same SPECS as a USA again. The quality is there, but some of the components are different to ensure the USA's attract the attention of the binding-addicts out there. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And it's definitely the MAP talking as far as the prices. Even if it wasn't, Jacksons are STILL better value than anything in their price range.

Comment

Working...
        X