No announcement yet.

anyone ever own or play one of these ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever own or play one of these ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044
    I love all maple necks [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    what is a resonable price for one of these?

[ September 12, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: randyvanmalmsteen ]

Re: anyone ever own or play one of these ?

I've got two that are similar... Both are straight black though... It's from around 95 and they're great players.

$299 for a stone finish with a huge "finish wear" spot is a bit steep. I'd say 200 - even.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I'd second that assessment. They're pretty common unless you have to have it in stone, and even that isn't uncommon.
      You could get one near-mint with hsc for $299.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

94 was the last year for the stone finish schaller trem inticates 92-to-93 my stone is a 94 and has a 580 lp. My 95 black one has the 580 lp also.Both have the same pickups but sound very different due to the maple fingerboard I paid 300.00 a piece for mine but they are 99.99% mint,no cases but had the original strings and plastic on the cavity covers as well as the truss rod cover.Great guitars the stone ones seem to be rising in price a little. Out in Las Vegas there is a 94 RR professional in stone finish with a 580 lp in a pawn shop.If I can find their card I'll post their info.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Be warned, those necks are wide-load for 1 11/16" - widest-feeling neck I've played this side of a 7-string. It's not really cumbersome as it's thin, but if you're used to 1 5/8" nut widths, this one might take some getting used to.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

BUMP It does have a ding in the top point no case but they priced it to me for 175.00. Not a bad price at all.If they had a case I'd have brought it back on the plane.

Comment

Yeah newc the RR neck did feel a bit wide, I just figured it consistant with the RR's.The 94 dinky stone finish maple neck is a bit thinner than my 95 one with a rosewood board for sure.Good obsevation.

Comment

Haven't seen an RR in that finish. I've got one of the Stone Dinky necks on my DK-2 HRF [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've got one of those necks on a trans red PS-4. I love the way that neck feels too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dave->
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have had one just like it ( piant wise) and three others. Did not like them a bit. Stick with the model series.....CHARVEL!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sguitars:
                      I have had one just like it ( piant wise) and three others. Did not like them a bit. Stick with the model series.....CHARVEL!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't argue that, that's excellent advice!

Dave->
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        Haven't seen an RR in that finish. I've got one of the Stone Dinky necks on my DK-2 HRF [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a bad pic,but here is one of my '92 RR Ex.

Comment

Yep thats it looks cool

Comment

I got a Stone finish Stealth but then that has the typical Stealth neck with a rosewood board and ultra thin.
                            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by dan:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a bad pic,but here is one of my '92 RR Ex.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had one just like that , **** they were nice hey ? now I wish I hadn't sold her //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X