Question about Jackson DR7T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Jackson DR7T

well, i have already played some guitars with duncan designs (although they all were 6strings)....as far as my experience with them goes i would likely replace them with some emg's or dimarzios (i own a guitar with a dimarzio steves special (the ones john petrucci use) at the bridge - they really kick ass imo). i think i would prefer the emgs 'cause for the softer things i've already got my 6string (no it isnt a jackson :/ was my first guitar you know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) so want to play some heavy stuff with this one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ive played some ibanez 7strings and.....well, those necks are a real pain in the ass imo (although the 6string necks are even worse). it would be interesting to complain this jackson to an esp ltd m 307 or mh 307 but as i mentioned above i would have to travel relative far.

fragle

ps: NO i'm NOT going to play nu"metal".....ive heard pop songs that are more technical than 95percent of the numetal sh** but thats just my humble opinion [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Question about Jackson DR7T

I briefly owned a string-thru DR7. If not for the fact that I have no need for a 7-string in my current band, I would have kept it. I have fairly small hands, but had no problem with the neck. The pickups are not very good, so definitely look into replacing them. Otherwise, I have no complaints about the DR7. Not sure how the 7-string Jackson trem is, and I don't care for that satin chrome hardware personally, but I've had no bad experiences with the JT580LP trem. Great guitar for the money, if you need an extra string.
    sigpic

Comment

Question about Jackson DR7T

hello everybody

i've seen this little one on www.ebay.de and now i'm curious if anybody can tell me something about it.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=46649

i've searched on harmony-central but there is no review of it, just the tune-o-matic ones.
      does anyone have some experience with this one?
      unfortunately, i have no chance to go out there and play it because there are not many dealers out there and i dont want to drive 4 or 5 hours just to recognize that they dont have this one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

well, i hope some of you can help me out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

fragle

oh, just forgotten to say sorry for my strange english, but i'm from germany [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Bah, there are people here with worse English than you. We call them Canadians. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

DR7T... nice guitars. Necks are well shaped, one of the better 7 string necks IMO. Bridge is a JT580LP-ish thing. Pickups I'm not too sure about since I never got a chance to thrash on one plugged in. They're Duncan Designs, so you know right there that they are mediocre at best. It's not the best seven string, not the worst, but if you're in the market for a seven string and the price looks right to you, I say go for it.

Comment

mh....doesnt sound bad so far. the good thing about it is that it isn't very expensive, even with replaced pu's (would be ~700€ altogether) so a poor student like me can afford it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          the only problem is the finish....some kind of blue/violet....looks a bit gay ^^

i will wait for the remaining 1 1/2 days and look if the price will raise and how much [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          thanks for your answers so far!

fragle

ps:dammit, ive got to work on my vocabulary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X