Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the OFR or schaller is a direct retro fit on a DK-2 right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the OFR or schaller is a direct retro fit on a DK-2 right?

I was looking at a close up of the DK-2 and in the pic it seems as though the JT580lp has a bigger baseplate than a OFR or schaller?
    has anyone here put a OFR or schaller on one of these? how was your results?
    one last thing where can a get the best price on a floydie? warmoth has the OFR at $175 complete and the schaller is $160 complete?
    the schaller is said to be less brittle and bright?

Re: the OFR or schaller is a direct retro fit on a DK-2 right?

here is one closeup of the JT580
    <center></center>
    and the OFR,
    <center></center>

Admin edit: Edited to fit my super small monitor... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 06, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Comment

I bought a DK-2 Hot Rod Flames when they first came out and slapped an OFR from Carvin on it - went in just fine. There was some *slight* scraping of the baseplate against the inside of the cavity near the posts, but a few deep dives and it cleared right up - no serious wood loss or anything, just a few hairs worth.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Admin edit: Edited to fit my super small monitor...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wuss [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
          I was looking at a close up of the DK-2 and in the pic it seems as though the JT580lp has a bigger baseplate than a OFR or schaller?
          has anyone here put a OFR or schaller on one of these? how was your results?
          one last thing where can a get the best price on a floydie? warmoth has the OFR at $175 complete and the schaller is $160 complete?
          the schaller is said to be less brittle and bright?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">your gonna have to go in and measure it man cause the newer dk2s [the jt 580 lp's] have a little bit of a smaller base plate now , acually quite a bit smaller , so I'd measure it man before you do it , cause I think that Newc's jt 580 lp trem he swaped with a OFR is the older style jt 580 lp trem , and he said it was a bit snug , if thats the case the newer style will be pretty tight and might not fit . they changed the jt 580 lp trem in size about a year and 1/2 ago anything older than that has the wider base plate , and also I noticed that the new charvel line has the older trem [jt 580 lp trem] with the wide baseplate ? yes ... I know I am a freak , like who the hell else would notice this right ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] damnit Jackson stop changing this ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

<center></center>
            and the OFR,
            <center></center>

Admin edit: Edited to fit my super small monitor... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">is that they guitar your going to get ? and in that color man ? make shure you post us a pic when you do it ! best of luck ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
              your gonna have to go in and measure it man cause the newer dk2s [the jt 580 lp's] have a little bit of a smaller base plate now , acually quite a bit smaller , so I'd measure it man before you do it , cause I think that Newc's jt 580 lp trem he swaped with a OFR is the older style jt 580 lp trem , and he said it was a bit snug , if thats the case the newer style will be pretty tight and might not fit . they changed the jt 580 lp trem in size about a year and 1/2 ago anything older than that has the wider base plate , and also I noticed that the new charvel line has the older trem [jt 580 lp trem] with the wide baseplate ? yes ... I know I am a freak , like who the hell else would notice this right ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] damnit Jackson stop changing this ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, there's been a few different JT580 trems over the years, even one or two versions that were not lo-pro and had the longer locking pins underneath. I've actually got a JT580LP that's got a square baseplate that's more like a regular Floyd instead of the angled ones (it's known as the JT580LP '94, since it was made only in 1994).

[ September 08, 2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah yeah yeah Joe, once more with your dang square 1994 baseplate 580! Sheesh aren't you frickin' special! Man how many times are you gonna post about that damed trem, huh? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                  <center></center>
                  and the OFR,
                  <center></center>

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">is that they guitar your going to get ? and in that color man ? make shure you post us a pic when you do it ! best of luck ! //Steve </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no this is [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    Man how many times are you gonna post about that damed trem, huh?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She doesn't like being called a dame! Learn to spell, tubby! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got one of those '94 JT580LPs too Joe, so HA!

Comment

is the JT580lp good enough to just leave? i only do dives with the trems,i block any up pull like VH does. so would the JT be "good enough" without going to a OFR?

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                          I've got one of those '94 JT580LPs too Joe, so HA!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You rock!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

is the JT580lp good enough to just leave? i only do dives with the trems,i block any up pull like VH does. so would the JT be "good enough" without going to a OFR?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'll be fine. I've had three other Jacksons with the JT580LP and never had a problem.

Comment

Why do people dislike that trem.I was told that the JT580LP was a cheap trem they put on guitars to keep the overall guitar price down.What sucks about them?,are they tonekillers,do they not keep the guitar in tune,break strings?thanx in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X