new member, new jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member, new jackson

hi, im kinda a new member here, ive been commin here to see all the great posts..especially those about upgrading n repairing your jackson, just wanna thank all the great jcf members whom ive gained invaluable knowledge from. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    For example, i was really disappointed when i bought my rr3, cos it didnt balance well [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ,it sorta tipped down until the guitar was horizontal, i was kinda lookin for that kinda position that alexi laiho plays his guitar who, btw, totally rocks [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ,then a great post (forgot who the member was, i owe everything to you) talked about how you can change the balance by changing the position of the strap button.
    There, a brand new guitar for me, after that modification was made [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

well, i would love to show you my jackson rr3 thats 2 months old now, but im kinda at a loss at how to post pictures. could anyone help me upload em? thanks in advance [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: new member, new jackson

Welcome to the boards, man!

Congrats on the RR3 mod, I recently got the strap button on my KVX-10 moved as well, balances much better now!

I'm sure there is somebody who will host your pics. I could too, but my site is the crap bandwith-wise, so I'd rather take it as a last resort... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'll check back later. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

welcome man !!! now lets see your axes ! //Steve

Comment

hey, i found this free picture hosting website, so here they are [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

this one's the mod i did which gives the guitar great balance. See that hole right there, where the old strap button used to be? lol

if you noticed, i did some stuff to my guitar to make it look "old" [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . Yeap, thats black electrical tape you see on the pickguard. i disliked the silver hardware, so... u know. Took out the neck pickup, slapped in a EMG into the bridge. I guess the guy who soldered my pickups didnt do it properly, the gain was like half compared to the emg's on my other guitar. So, i got pissed, and soldered out the tone knob and the second volume knob, leaving just one volume knob.
        Last change to the guitar, was the tremolo posts, they were givin me major problems with tuning when i bought the guitar, so i had em changed, the whole thing, now the tuning is stable [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

look at how i abused it in just 2 months, but now it feels really comfortable in my hands. lol

Comment

Ah, that's Newc's strap button mod. =)
          [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

reliced in 2 months.

Looks pretty good!

Comment

Working...
            X