Stealth LT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth LT?

Anybody have any information on this guitar(if it even exists)?
    I have never heard of a Stealth LT before, only xl, and ex.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Re: Stealth LT?

Hi there.

I think i may have a similar guitar to the one you own. I posted a message yesterday. When i bought my guitar from A1 Music in Preston, England, the geezer behind the counter told me that it was a Jackson Professional Stealth LT. However, my mate owns a Stealth and they have a thinner body which mine does not. It does not say what model it is on the truss rod cover neither.

However, these are the specs - are they simialr to yours?

Cobalt Blue, 22 Fret, bound r/w board, schaller Floyd, Reflex pickups, MOP sharkfins, Charvel model 5 style body.

i have been led to believe that the LT series were manufactured in the early 90s and are generally regarded as superior to any professionals which Jackson made post-1996. All the details of Japanese models were put on the Jackson website until Fender reshuffled it. Everyone e-mail them to get it back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Cobalt Blue, 22 Fret, bound r/w board, schaller Floyd, Reflex pickups, MOP sharkfins, Charvel model 5 style body.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, rosewood - that eliminates the Dinky Pro...I think.

All the details of Japanese models were put on the Jackson website until Fender reshuffled it. Everyone e-mail them to get it back!!!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The MOAIP (Mother of all info page) still exists and is being updated and reworked (so it can be legally used) by the JCF.

'bane

Comment

Some Stealth models had a Dinky-style body, but I don't believe any had neck binding or sharkfins. I've never seen any like that over the years.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phattphella:
          Anybody have any information on this guitar(if it even exists)?
          I have never heard of a Stealth LT before, only xl, and ex.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've never heard of an LT either, just the XL, EX and HX. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

First of all its not actually my guitar (i wish it was tho), I was just looking at one for sale and wondered whether the guy had his facts a bit mixed up. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

As for specs, its had its pickups (h/s/s) replaced w/ emgs, so I have no idea what they originally were.
            It has a maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard, normal hs, and he says it's light blue in colour.
            He also says the floyd has been switched out for a fixed bridge.
            Im pretty sure that its got dot inlays offset the the left if you look at it standing up, and i have no idea whether it has any binding.

Im also pretty sure its a stealth (not dinky).

Thanks once more [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

oh yea, and i forgot, he also says its a 93 model approx.
              If it helps, he reckons this pic it his guitar except for the color, pickups, bridge etc.

Comment

Your pic isn't working for me. Is the output jack on the face of the body like an Ibanez Sabre/S-Series guitar? If it is, then it's a Stealth. I don't think they had the jacks on the side of the guitar like a Soloist/Dinky. As for the offset dot inlays, I've got 3 Dinkies that have them (two have white plastic dots, the other has MOP dots), so that isn't much help either.

Comment

Yea, its definatly got the output jack on the face, so i guess its a stealth.

The pic should be like this:

a space got in there sumhow [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

If it doesnt work, heres the url, just paste into your browser:

http://www.gravitystrings.com/images/Jackson.jpg

Thanks for your help.

[ September 02, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: phattphella ]

Comment

Yeah, definitely a Stealth. I'm not sure what model it is offhand, but that seems to have a body shape a little thicker than most Stealths and a little closer to a Dinky (though, it's still a Stealth, as at least one other person on this board has one like that).

[ September 02, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Working...
                    X