How much is this worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is this worth?

I just got a KE-2, and I have a black JK-20 that i'm toying with the idea of selling (might keep it so i can take something i'd be less protective over to college). Right now she has EMG 81/85 pickups (I still have the old pickups that i might put back in, and sell the emg's to a friend). There's only one 1.5" scratch on the back, seemingly from my belt. there's mild fret wear as well.

What do you guys think i could get for it privatly? What about trade in ?(guitar center is having a labor day special w/ trade ins to clear old inventory) DO you think i'd be better off putting the stock pups back in and selling the EMGs seperatly?

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: How much is this worth?

Since Marty left Jackson, I haven't seen a USA Kelly sell used for more than $1000, and imports go between $150 and $250 with case. They just aren't as popular now that no one's playing them.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

maybee i'll just hold onto it then... Before i attempt to sell it privatly i want to take it into a shop to have it looked over, i think the neck is a little warped.

If i trade it into a big chain i prolly won't get crap either, but lol in this case i wouldn't bother taking it in before hand.

I really don't see why they're not as popular, they're still the same butifully agressive guitars they were when Marty was still with Jackson. I don't understand how society is so mindless that celebrities affect what's hot and what's not. Which reminds me: I need to pick up the Zakk Wylde signature strings, the latest air jordans, and a pair of Designer Jeans.

[ August 31, 2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: nick ]

Comment

Yup. Sadly, that's how things go. If someone good and high-profile started using a Kelly, you'd see sales take off again. The Warrior model experienced a slight resurgence a while back when one of the guys (Pat) in Halford was seen using one live, but since Halford split and Pat's with a lesser-known band, the sales have slumped. King Vs are not selling as well as they did since Dave left, either. The used markets are trying to cash in on the "discontinued per Dave's orders" thing, but that'll wear off over time and you'll be able to get a Y2KV for less than $1K.

Then again, most people still remember when Musician's Friend was blowing the JK20s out at $199 a while back, and they won't pay more than that even if the deal is long gone.

Newc

[ September 01, 2003, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X