Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful JRR-94

I spotted this on a swedish guitar-page (sale section):

Oooh! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I've never seen a natural finish guitar look so good before...and it's just a humble JRR-(!). It caused a bad case of G.A.S. - I've been looking at it all day. I guess I'm lucky that I'm out of money as usual, or I would've given the guy a call...

I kept saying to myself: "No. No. Gotta save up for a neck-thru. Gotta save the money..." [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

'bane

[ August 22, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Re: Beautiful JRR-94

That looks sweet!! It must have been stripped of its original finish, though, because I don't think those models came in natural. Unless it's a special finish for a different market? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How Much was it and on what page did you find it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
        How Much was it and on what page did you find it ?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here:
        http://www.vendolin.se/annons.php?33532

Toejam wrote:
        That looks sweet!! It must have been stripped of its original finish, though, because I don't think those models came in natural. Unless it's a special finish for a different market?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no idea. The seller doesn't mention anything about stripped paint either. But it looks gorgeous with that balck hardware. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'd never have the guts to strip an import guitar unless I knew for sure there wasn't ugly poplar under the paint. =P

'bane

Comment

WOW, that looks really nice! The funny thing is, the Concept Dinky models are basswood. Jimosity has my JDX right now and stripped it for a refin, so maybe if he sees this, he could verify.

I'm very impressed with that, whatever wood it is.
          sigpic

Comment

That guitar is in the town where i live...

GAS ATTACKS!!!

Comment

Inazone you have a Concept...how good are they ? what do they compare to X-seriers, or better ?

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                Jimosity has my JDX right now and stripped it for a refin, so maybe if he sees this, he could verify.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be great. =)
                Yeah, I love the color of that wood too.

That guitar is in the town where i live...

GAS ATTACKS!!!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Get it. You know you want to. It's calling out your name. If you don't, someone else will.
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Yeah, it was a bit pricey. People still haven't adjusted to the lower price level on Jacksons I think.

'bane

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toejam wrote:
                    That looks sweet!! It must have been stripped of its original finish, though, because I don't think those models came in natural. Unless it's a special finish for a different market?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no idea. The seller doesn't mention anything about stripped paint either. But it looks gorgeous with that balck hardware. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'd never have the guts to strip an import guitar unless I knew for sure there wasn't ugly poplar under the paint. =P

'bane
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, poplar is just white/green and nasty looking, but it sounds pretty good, similar to alder. I'm not a big fan of the basswood sound. That guitar looks like it's done with almost a mahogany-looking stain, but I have no idea. It's definitely gorgeous whatever it is. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Inazone you have a Concept...how good are they ? what do they compare to X-seriers, or better ?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Concept line was produced in Japan in `94, around Christmas as I recall, with four models: JSX, JDX, JDR and JRR. All went on to become Performer models, except for the JDX, which was discontinued. As luck would have it, both of my Concepts are JDX models, and I actually owned another that I traded away in a fit of stupidity. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Needless to say, I really like the JDX model, especially the neck. It's definitely thin, maybe even thinner than the other bolt-on imports of that time. I've never played a JRR for more than a couple minutes, but an old bandmate of mine had a PS3T, which is the Performer version. Again, great neck, and I never found the bolt-on Rhoads neck joint to be the problem that some people do.

I think the Concepts were good mid-ranged guitars, and that natural finish has a very high cool factor.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Concept line was produced in Japan in `94, around Christmas as I recall, with four models: JSX, JDX, JDR and JRR. All went on to become Performer models, except for the JDX, which was discontinued. As luck would have it, both of my Concepts are JDX models, and I actually owned another that I traded away in a fit of stupidity. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Needless to say, I really like the JDX model, especially the neck. It's definitely thin, maybe even thinner than the other bolt-on imports of that time. I've never played a JRR for more than a couple minutes, but an old bandmate of mine had a PS3T, which is the Performer version. Again, great neck, and I never found the bolt-on Rhoads neck joint to be the problem that some people do.

I think the Concepts were good mid-ranged guitars, and that natural finish has a very high cool factor.
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ryan, any idea what body this is? I should be getting this some time this week. The pickup selector is up higher than other Jacksons I've seen, and I think it might be one of the Concept models. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

Comment

No, I must resist...it's not cheap enough

Saving for a USA, though I don't think I can resist a cheap Kramer Baretta or a $300 Charvel

Comment

Another pic of the same JRR-94 is up, taken from a slightly different angle. Now he wants to trade it for an Ibanez, fender, gibson, epiphone, washburn or another Jackson. (link to ad: http://www.vendolin.se/annons.php?36722)

Kinda makes me wonder "what's wrong with it?"... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

'bane

[ August 26, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

GUYS! Thats my guitar!!!
                              I bought it from the guy in Linköping, Sweden for 3500 SEK. (About 450$). And yes. It is absolutely gorgeous! Ill get back with more info soon!

//Jonzkij

Comment

Working...
                              X