A greeting to all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A greeting to all.

Just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Shawn and I live in Tampa, FLA. I am a 34 year old reformimg drummer (Minor in percussive studies at U.M.) who thinks he is going to learn to play guitar (about 6 months worth of lessons now now).

I own a DK1,Les Paul Custom, a Taylor 310, and a Schecter c-1 classic. (Not to mention tons of drum gear)

I hope to learn from all your long-toothed wisdom
    and maybe have a few laughs. I am sure to have Guitar acquisition syndrome, as I have a similar history of buying fine watches until I am blue in the face and my wife is red in the face.

Here is a Photo of the view from our house. We own the dock across the street, and I take my weekly lessons out there which is pretty cool. (yes, we have AC power out there, so I bring my little crate with me and scare the manatees half to death)

web page

Anyway, Thanks for reading, and if anyone has any suggestions as to my first real amp purchase, I would be most grateful for advice. It needs to be something managable sound-wise, and headphone jacks would rule too.

Looking forward to meeting you all and looking forward to buying lots o' guitar stuff and learning how to play these damn things.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: A greeting to all.

Welcome! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'm sure you'll enjoy it here... best board on the net IMO! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Yep, best board on the net, I agree....but be very careful what you say.....these guys will chop you up in little pieces, eat you, then spit you out like watermelon seeds. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Welcome bro!!!
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You lucky bastard! When I started playing, all I had was a 25$ garagesale guitar which played, sounded and felt like crap until I bought a Strat 1 year later [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Welcome!

Comment

Thoraby, did you have to walk uphill in both directions to get that guitar too? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X