DK2 Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 Hardware

The only DK2's made with black hardware are the ones with the blue-orange flames finish and the ones with flame inlays correct? I really want one in black with black hardware but I need sharkfins...my other option was a DKMG, but then I don't get sharkfins....DXMG would be alright I guess, but I'll get a lot of slack from another guitarist I know about playing the same guitar as him, "Oh I see I inspired you to buy a DXMG!" The kid is annoying enough as it is, and I kinda wanna steer clear of the X series on my next purchase, even though my favourite guitar I own is an X series Dinky....

Enough ranting! Anyone able to confirm what I've been thinking...?

Re: DK2 Hardware

Ask Kevin Easton if he'll switch the chrome stuff for black on a DK-2 you'd buy from him.

I need to do this with my SL2H.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What's Kevin Easton's webpage addy...?

Thanks Ron!

Comment

Click on the Dealers link at the top of the page!

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Badass! $40 and he throws the black hardware in! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.eastonguitars.com/

Tell him I sent you! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks again man!

Comment

Post before & after pics!

Comment

Yeah, let's see the pics of Kevin before and after you tell him Ron sent you -
                  Before: [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  After [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Keep in mind that the sharkfin inlays on the DK2 are now made out of platic instead of real mother of pearl. Some people don't care, but they make a point not to advertise this. It really cheapens the guitar in my oppinion. I mean whhy go through all the trouble of making a nice guitar then slap fake inlays in it. Some dealers will tell you this is the cheaper alternative, but the cheaper alternative is MOP dots.

I own a Hot Rod Flame but added a bound Ebony USA neck to it because thhe inlays were so phoney looking.

Gad

Comment

Couldn`t they add a MOP Jackson logo and Fins and mark them up a little, but how much is a little [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I would pay a little more those features [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Same labor on the fins, and they save very little by using fakes. Japan a nd the area between Japan and Korea is full of MOP and Abalone so its not exactly expensive over there. I have Korean furniture loaded with both that cost less then most import guitars.

Gad

Comment

When did they start using fake inlays? I have a 2002 DX10D with sharkfins, and if the inlays are the same as those, I'm more than fine with it...

Comment

Mid-90`s, after the Imports stopped beeing equal to the USA models. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Gad:
                              Keep in mind that the sharkfin inlays on the DK2 are now made out of platic instead of real mother of pearl. Some people don't care, but they make a point not to advertise this. It really cheapens the guitar in my oppinion. I mean whhy go through all the trouble of making a nice guitar then slap fake inlays in it. Some dealers will tell you this is the cheaper alternative, but the cheaper alternative is MOP dots.

I own a Hot Rod Flame but added a bound Ebony USA neck to it because thhe inlays were so phoney looking.

Gad
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHere did you get an Ebony USA neck?? Off of a DK1 or something?? Those things are tough to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X