What model????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model????

I found this guitar for about 400. What is it?

Re: What model????

Looks like a DR3
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The inlay on the DR3 were sharkies... I believe that it's the DR-5 due to the Graphite finish and the offset dots.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Looks like a PS4 neck on a DR3 body.
        I've never seen a DR5 do tekky could be right. But then again it still lokks like a PS4 neck and a DR3 body. Looks like the headstock says performer after the logo too
        Gil

Comment

I can't tell if it's Performer or Professional. But I believe Todd is right. IIRC that finish was unique to the DR5.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't see logos on the pickups, so it's a distinct possibility they were either changed or my eyesight is going...
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Looks to me like a 250 dollar guitar with a 400 dollar price tag.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] mm !
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think the DR3 has the toggle switch instead of the blade switch. And I believe Pete is selling a DR5 that's got the H/S/H pickup layout. That looks like a regular Dinky Reverse to me. I've got a '94 dark purple one I bought from Greg that's got MOP offset dot inlays like that, the headstock says Professional and the truss cover says Dinky Rev.
                  I had another Dinky Reverse that was candy apple green, looked exactly the same, but it had reverse MOP sharkfins, and the truss cover said Dinky Rvs.

BTW, I've also got two '94 Dinky HX models that have offset dots like that, but they're white plastic instead of MOP, and the headstock is not reversed.

[ August 18, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X