new to jackson and the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to jackson and the site

i just picked up a brand new js30 for 200 due to a little ding in the side. its metalic blue...i wondering how i can change the action on this guitar...are these good guitars? well atleast for the price? the trem seems to stay in tune great

Re: new to jackson and the site

JS30's are great guitars for the money,if you are going to change the pickups go with seymour duncans they sound great in the alder body.I tried several dimarzio combinations but the duncans work the best I used a 59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge (thats just my own opinion)use whatever you like.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i was thinking of droping my emg 81 and 85 but i cant really play so how will tell a diff in pickups? how long did it tak e you to beable to tell crap pickups from good pickups

Comment

The first thing you'll notice with good vs bad pickups, is how they sound with muted power chords at full gain. Most cheap pickups are a bit muddy - it's hard to get a nice, chunky sound out of them.

I'm an EMG person, and for an alder/poplar guitar I actually prefer the 85 over the 81 in the bridge position, but that's just a matter of taste. =)

'bane

Comment

Welcome to the board. I have tried a Seymour Duncan JB, Distortion, a DiMarzio Super Distortion and Evolution in my alder Jackson DK2. All 4 worked well, but the best of the four to me was the Seymour Duncan Distortion. One way I can tell a crappy stock pickup is harmonics. I use alot of harmonics in my playing and there are a load of factory, cheap stock pickups out there. Basicaly a hotter pickup will give you the advantage when palm muting and hitting harmonics as well as a very noticable increase in output, (volume). I'd be willing to bet the EMG 81/85 combo will kick a$$ in your JS30. EMG pickups make everything sound better IMHO. As far as the quality of the JS30? Yeah, they are good guitars. As far as lowering the action? If you don't know what you are doing it can be a little difficult. I would take it to a guitar tech. Tell him where you want it at. If you do it yourself, post in the Tech Q&A section on this board and one of the many experts will tell you how.

Comment

cool thanks for all the replies yall

Comment

Working...
            X