94 stealth HX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 stealth HX

OK I bought a stealth HX professional yesterday. I thought these guitars had tapered bodies.This one is tapered on the top bout but not on the bottom.Is this normal? I nevered paid that much attention to them.This one has 3 hums tune-o-matic bridge, string thru body and dark candy red in color.Ser# dates it as a 94, so when did they drop the professional logo 98 or so?
    I haven't had it apart yet to clean it so what pickups should it have? I'm not really up on the 90's stuff but I'm getting there.I would post a pic but cant get the software to load I'll work on that.So any info on the stealth guitars would be a great help thanks.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: 94 stealth HX

I have the same guitar except mine is a really dark metallic blue. Mine came stock with 3 Jacksom hums (I forget which model number) but I replaced them with EMGs. The body on this model is only tapered on 1 side. I think on other Stealth models it's tapered on both sides. They're great guitars with super thin necks. Enjoy!!!

Comment

Well just got done tearing down cleaning and putting it all back together the hums are as follows Neck LPH-9.8 Middle LPH-10.0 Bridge LPH-10.0.
      Have played it for about 30 min and this thing is impressive,fast 90's neck and the tone is bone crushing in the neck position.I can't find anything to complain about. I could not get the pickups to get muddy which is something most stock pickups are prone to do if you drive them too hard.Great guitar its a keeper.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got a Stealth HX in black and I love it. The tone is great and very clear. The pups form what I remember are supposed to be the J95c's in all three spots. Which would explain the tone and output. Ceramic pups tend to have a brighter highend than alnico's. Mine is deffinately a keeper too it just may need sopme new tuners in the future. And I believe they were only made in 95. But production may have started in late 94 which woulsd explain your seriel number.
        Gil

Comment

I think the whole HX model series were only made in '94, as I've got two Dinky HX models (string-thru TOM bridge), and they've got two Jackson pups (I think they're import pups). The neck pup is LP-38, DC resistance 10.0. Bridge pup is LP-HM, DC is 10.2. According to Kevin Easton, only about 100 of the Dinky HX were made in '94. I guess it's probably about the same for the Stealth HX and whatever other HX models were made.

BTW, Gil, aren't the J95s USA made pups? I've got one in my Charvel Model 5A. I thought all the J series pups were USA and then whatever else was import. Maybe I'm wrong.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe I remember reading some where that the pups in a Stealth HX were the J95's. But were the Japanese equivalent to them. Which ever that model number would be. But yeah the real J95s are US made as are all th J series pups.
            The DC resistance on the pups in my guitar is a lot higher than the 10.2 suggests. Its more like
            15.4 from what I remember ( its been a while since i pulled the pups out) But i will look soon.
            and double check with my trusty multimeter. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Gil

Comment

Working...
            X