My new RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new RR3

hey guys,well i got a new RR3 yesterday for my birthday and i must say its one of the best made guitar's i own,im really impressed by it. The one i have is different from any other RR3 i've seen. It's black,with shark fin inlays (not reversed as on the jackson site) and Chrome controls and pickgaurd. The serial number on the neck plate is 9692700. Is this some sort of special edition model? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: My new RR3

Congratz on the new guitar! The rr3 you have might be an older model, but I'm not sure [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

wheres the pics [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Special Edition RR3? Bwahahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          Special Edition RR3? Bwahahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't get it Racerx ? whats so funny [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] something in the serial number ? didn't guitar center do a limited run of the blue with orange flames DK2's last year or was that guitar xpress ? but I have never heard of a run of Japan RR3's except for Alexi and Roope's [Sinergy] custom Japan run of RR3's or whatever that they never even got [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I believe the older RR3 models had standard sharkfins, then they changed them to reverse, now I think they went back to standard. I don't know why, though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I realised a few days ago that it isn't a special edition. There isn't any thing funny, i just didn't know the shark fins were change back to non reverse.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

congrats dude!

Comment

Mine also has normal sharkfin inlays instead of reverse ones. I like it, but if you've played enough neck-thru RR's the bolt-on heel takes a bit of adjusting to, and the p'ups could use a bit more bite to them. Either way, for the price, all I'd add to it is binding since cheaper ones (like the DK-2) have binding.

Comment

how does the tuning hold up after some whammybarfun?=)
                    i´m thinking about buying this guitar to... how is the balance? is it neck-heavy? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Ive had my rr3 for about a year, its greatwhahahahaha. ok, im better now. the stock pickups on mine suck! im emging this sucker. anyone put emgs on an rr3? whats it sound like. im gonna change em anyway(gonna change all the pickups on all my guitars to emgs.)the 81 on my blood splattered charvel fkn rox!!!! im gonna get an usa rr1t with the lightning sky paint job/or just black?(and put some emgs in it too the jb in my sl4 sux........well it doesnt suck, but its not great. and the duncan dd103 or whatever is in my rr3 is even shytyer. goin all emgs
                      subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                      www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfknbang:
                        Ive had my rr3 for about a year, its greatwhahahahaha. ok, im better now. the stock pickups on mine suck! im emging this sucker. anyone put emgs on an rr3? whats it sound like. im gonna change em anyway(gonna change all the pickups on all my guitars to emgs.)the 81 on my blood splattered charvel fkn rox!!!! im gonna get an usa rr1t with the lightning sky paint job/or just black?(and put some emgs in it too the jb in my sl4 sux........well it doesnt suck, but its not great. and the duncan dd103 or whatever is in my rr3 is even shytyer. goin all emgs
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the emgs will ripp man hands down you'll have no problems they'll make that axe sound even sweeter than it is now !!! //Steve

Comment

The tremolo is great, Stays in tune no matter what. It's really really light too so it's not going to break your back. The balance is good. But i did have to change the bridge pick up for a Dimarzio X2N because i just didn't like the stock pick up.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfknbang:
                            anyone put emgs on an rr3? whats it sound like.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have EMG's in mine - an 85(b) and a 58(n), and I love it. Sounds great! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You can't go wrong with EMG's IMO - unless you're one of those who think they sound "too nice". =)

I posted more about the pickup swap here:
                            http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=3;t=000275

'bane

Comment

maliciousteve

don´t we get to see any pics? [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X