Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG question

Hy,

I've never used a floyd rose equiped guitar before, so i have a question for all you more experienced players: will i have troubles with the floyd rose, if i purchase a Jackson DXMG ?
    I only hear good things about this guitar but i am a little afraid of the floyd rose thing...some say it's hard to deal with it.......so please help me out.

Thanks

Re: DXMG question

Floyd Roses are not hard to deal with most of the time. Essentially, all you need to know is how to restring them and readjust them and you're fine. There are lots of websites out there that can help you with both of those.

The DXMG is a very nice guitar and I'm confident you won't have any problems with it.

Comment

Maybe you should try out a dxmgt, same model as the one you mentioned but with a tuno bridge/
      Cheers

Comment

Isn't that a dKmgt ? it has a different shape and inlays, and i really like the DXMG look. I don't mind learning how to deal with a floyd, i have to do that someday anyway, but i'd like to know just how good and how much effort is required to set the JT500/580 tremolo.
        I hear people saying that with some floyds it's hard o tune the guitar, and after that it doesn't even stay in tune...anyone had (the slightest) problems with this particular floyd (500/580).
        How hard is it exactly to tune this floyd rose ? How much does it take to do this ?
        Sorry for the "silly" questions but we all have to start somewhere.

Comment

that's cool. Like you say, gotta start somewhere.

there's a lot of misinformation about the ol' Floyd Rose tremelo system on the Net, about them being hard to maintain & hard to keep in tune.

But plenty of people around here swear by them. They can take some larnin' but once you know what you're doing, there is no better system. And they don't take THAT long to change your strings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Even a lot of the non-trem-using players round here prefer a blocked Floyd for the superior tuning stability. so you're in the right place for positive feedback about the system, and for any help with them if you get stuck.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

My DXMG was my first floyd equipped guitar. I wanted to tune it to Eb, so armed with info I got off of the web (the jacksoncharvel.com site had/still has instructions for setting up the jt580, haven't been there for a while though, I go HERE for info now-a-days)I turned the TV on and spent a few hours working on it, getting it to float, seeing how things worked and how it was built, stuff like that. The end result is that I can work on it now without much problem. Just take your time and do some research and you'll have NO problem at all!! I also went on to buy a DX10D with the 580, and even got me an 80's RG550 with the Edge trem on it.
            After you work on her, post a "Mucho love for the DXMG" thread!! All Jacksons rock, but my DXMG is my favorite...though the KVX10 I picked up on sale at GC last Saturday plays like a dream too...but I digress...get the DXMG, you will not be dissapointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vik:
              Hy,

I've never used a floyd rose equiped guitar before, so i have a question for all you more experienced players: will i have troubles with the floyd rose, if i purchase a Jackson DXMG ?
              I only hear good things about this guitar but i am a little afraid of the floyd rose thing...some say it's hard to deal with it.......so please help me out.

Thanks
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just got one and she works fine !!! the pick ups sound good as well !!! the trem was great too , but I always lock my floyd down cause I never really use it and cause I like the way it tunes with the fine tuners when it's a fixed bridge it's stays in tune forever once the strings are streched !!!I'll post some pics soon [dave will ] !!!//Steve

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help. And please don't forget to post the pics [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I really love the way this guitar looks and all the good things i hear about it makes me want it even more. But, since i live in Europe i won't get a chance to play one before buying it, i'll have to order it from USA. Is there a big diffance in quality between the korean and japan DXMG ? From what i know only the tremolo is different and i hear japan ones are better....but just how much better? On ebay i only see JT500 version, very rarely a jt580 one.
                Btw, any other ideas for a great playing/sounding axe under 500$ ?

Comment

avoid korean ones at all costs.

actually, if you're looking @ most online catalogs, they goofed, and havent changed the description of the DXMG in a long time. DXMG's have had a JT580 since.. 2001?

I paid 299.99 for my DXMG (web special), and then 180 for new EMGS (yes, im an idiot). So, my total cost was 480, and this thing is quite possibily my most comfortable guitar to play.

~eric

Comment

Originally posted by Vik:
                    Thanks guys for all the help. And please don't forget to post the pics [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I really love the way this guitar looks and all the good things i hear about it makes me want it even more. But, since i live in Europe i won't get a chance to play one before buying it, i'll have to order it from USA. Is there a big diffance in quality between the korean and japan DXMG ? From what i know only the tremolo is different and i hear japan ones are better....but just how much better? On ebay i only see JT500 version, very rarely a jt580 one.
                    Btw, any other ideas for a great playing/sounding axe under 500$ ?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">all import Jacksons are from Japan , there isn't a korean one [import] out there for a long time ! the js20 is made in india or was but probably not for long due to quaility control all or most of the made in india stuff sucks and the necks warp alot . you'll love the dxmg man rad guitar forsure !!! yep nice jt 580 lp trem as well . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by illumina:
                      avoid korean ones at all costs.

actually, if you're looking @ most online catalogs, they goofed, and havent changed the description of the DXMG in a long time. DXMG's have had a JT580 since.. 2001?

I paid 299.99 for my DXMG (web special), and then 180 for new EMGS (yes, im an idiot). So, my total cost was 480, and this thing is quite possibily my most comfortable guitar to play.

~eric
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">remember man there are no korean ones just the js 20's are made in india and the quaility of the Japan guitars are almost as good as the usa stuff if you gut the pickups and somke of the hardware , I am gonna put emg 81's in mine I think as well . //Steve

Comment

oh yea.. oops.

DXMGs originally were made in india for its 1st year, then moved to Japan.

The originals had JT500 Trems. Thats why all the online catalogs still have the DXMG with a JT500 described. When the DXMG production was moved to Japan, they upgraded to the JT580's.

As usual, correct me if i wrong.

~eric

Comment

oh yea.. oops.

DXMGs originally were made in india for its 1st year, then moved to Japan.

The originals had JT500 Trems. Thats why all the online catalogs still have the DXMG with a JT500 described. When the DXMG production was moved to Japan, they upgraded to the JT580's.

As usual, correct me if i wrong.

~eric
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no your not wrong the catalogs are confusing man [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but get your hands on a new catalog they got em all sorted out now and all the pics are new as well to , 49 pages and 2 stickers and one Jenna Jameson poster [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] even if you had to pay 5 bucks for it like they use to do in the past it's worth all the money !!! //Steve

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2002 [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Are those korean made ones so bad? Ok, then i'll just wait till i get my hands on a japan DXMG.
                              Any idea where i can get a used one except ebay, but in "as new" condition, and for what price?

Comment

Working...
                              X