Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were the Jackson Professionals in the 90's good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were the Jackson Professionals in the 90's good?

i am looking at getting a jackson professional that was made in the 90's.

however looking at the pics on this site, none of them seem to have pickguards.

so what model is this? this is a pic of the one i am looking at.

Re: Were the Jackson Professionals in the 90\'s good?

Pic is dead.

1990-1994 were the best. After that, Jackson realised where all their sales were going, and started cutting them down to not be as good as USA models.

Pickguarded models didn't show up till about 95/96 IIRC.

The first number of the serial should be the year it was made.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Were the Jackson Professionals in the 90\'s goo

if the picture doesn't work, here is the same picture with an alternate address.

Comment

What does it say on the truss rod cover? That maple boarded neck is sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

that looks to me to be a PS4 (of the performer series 1996 - 2000), at least the body; don't know if they came with maple neck though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            that looks to me to be a PS4 (of the performer series 1996 - 2000), at least the body; don't know if they came with maple neck though.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the PS4 didn´t have a pickguard. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I´m tempted to say it´s a Mutt, as the Neck seems to be off a Dinky Reverse but the body is clearly something else (or had the ´guard mounted after-market)...

Comment

you're right Zerberus, only the PS1 did.. and I agree, it will be a Mutt.

Comment

I'm thinking it's not even a Jackson body - the horns look too pointy. Could just be me.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Doesn't look like a Jackson body to me either.

Comment

PS series were lower line models
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thats a fuckin Ibanez RG550 body.

Comment

No its not, my bad...
                        I drank a bit too much Robotussin afterwork.
                        I guess I was trippin.

Comment

The body is a Dinky EX and the neck is a Dinky Reverse. Unless you're looking for parts, I'd steer clear of this one. The neck and body are incompatable, the neck on the Dinky EX was 22 frets whereas the Dinky Reverse is 24. This guitar will never intonate correctly.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The body is a Dinky EX and the neck is a Dinky Reverse. Unless you're looking for parts, I'd steer clear of this one. The neck and body are incompatable, the neck on the Dinky EX was 22 frets whereas the Dinky Reverse is 24. This guitar will never intonate correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as both necks are the same scale length intonation should be okay, shouldn't it? For example, old Fender Strat necks were 21 frets and when they went to 22 they really just extended the existing fretboard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              As long as both necks are the same scale length intonation should be okay, shouldn't it? For example, old Fender Strat necks were 21 frets and when they went to 22 they really just extended the existing fretboard.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Nope, it won't work. The 21- and 22-fret Fender necks work because the overhang at the end of the fretboard is the same length.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X