My New Bond Rhoads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Bond Rhoads...

Great guitar, downright evil looking...I thought I would hate the lightness, but it doesnt bother me at all, in fact it sits perfectly balanced when standing, volume knob is out of the way which is great...Fretwork and setup were flawless...I love the lead sounds from this guitar...not entirely convinced I like the Iommi for rhythms tho...I may just slap in an emg 85...

Re: My New Bond Rhoads...

Congrats!! They are great looking. I don`t know how they get an all mahogany guitar so light. Jack.

Comment

Thanks! I am pretty curious about the light wood too...

Comment

Sickness...Dominating...reeks of Satan...Monster...Unclean

I'll post more metal phrases as they come to mind!

So what's the Iommi sound like since you can't just go out and buy one?

I would have one but the pentagrams would unnerve my wife.

Comment

Congrats...that is sweet. I guess I need one of those now.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

BRUTAL!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Congrats...that is sweet. I guess I need one of those now.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh, "Queen V" is gettin' GAS! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Very Metal!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh, "Queen V" is gettin' GAS! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  LOL She wants to keep her reign on the throne! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It might be because they use Phillipine Mahogany instead of Honduran. ESPs and LTDs are also made of that kind and for their size DV8s are pretty light guitars.

That guitar might actually have been the perfect Rhoads for me if it didn't have those inlays... Just damn...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Sickness...Dominating...reeks of Satan...Monster...Unclean

I'll post more metal phrases as they come to mind!

So what's the Iommi sound like since you can't just go out and buy one?

I would have one but the pentagrams would unnerve my wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, Beast...Creature of the night....Das Wampyre....

It seems to have a bit looser bass to my ears, not quite as tight and balanced as my emg equipped guitars...plenty of mids and high end though...

I dont regret the purchase one bit tho...Too bad they didnt make a 7 string version...Id buy that too...Credit card debt pssshhh!

Comment

Cool guitar Meko!
                        How is the neck shape man!!!
                        [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Toru! Yeah IMHO its very typical jackson type neck, its a C shape...I was expecting thick...but pleasantly suprised...as I mentioned earlier the mass and "feel" is a little unnerving at first, but after a while of playing, I didnt really notice it anymore...

Comment

I feel the exact same way about the Iommi, it really is great for leads, but not so much for palm muted thrash riffing... I might get a Dimebucker in...

Comment

Those do look really cool - I've never been keen on the scratchplate on a Rhoads, so those are perfect!
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X