Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealth

Tell me something about this guitar. What are the defining characteristics that make it different than some of theother Jackson models?

Re: Stealth

I think the main difference is their bodies, they are very thin.

Maybe someone else can tell if there are other things. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Super thin neck like the Ibanez Wizard?

Comment

I have one that looks exactly like ed's. I have never compared it side by side with a Wizard neck, but I imagine they are fairly similar.

[ June 16, 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Too thin for me. I couldn't stand my brother's RG550. The thin neck hurt my hand after a while.

Comment

Ace, that's not Ed's Stealth. He just borrowed the picture from the Gallery. That one anyway is the original Stealth Pro, with ebony fingerboard, pearl logo inlay and pearl dot inlay with EMG's. Not the Stealth XL or EX series that followed.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The necks are great on the Stealths. One of the fastest most comfortable necks I've ever played. Best way to describe them is: take a model series bolt on neck shape and slim it down about 1/4 of the thickness and you pretty much have the Stealth neck. The Pro's are awsome I will never get rid of mine. It's my first Jackson and what started my fasination with Jackson. Awsome guitars. I've picked up a EX and an HX also they are nice guitars and sound great and have the same necks as the Pro's but different body woods.
              and finger boards. Get one you wont be sorry.
              Gil

Comment

Thin body, super thin neck. There were a couple of different models. Mine is the HX with 3 hums, string thru. The body on mine doesn't have the contour on the treble side and doesn't have a recessed jack. Other models have this countour and usually they're with tremelo and Hum/S/S configuration.

Comment

Tapered body, similar to the Ibanez Saber bodystyle.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

The neck I like most on my guitars is the one on the Charvel 650XL. That thing is pretty thick and meaty. I guess I would just have to try a Stealth before I bought one (which is extremely difficult for me since no one in central Illinois sells Jacksons). A Jackson will definitely be my next, I just don't know which one. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I have both a 650 Custom, and a stealth. The neck on the stealth is probably the thinnest neck I have ever played. However I have yet to experience any more fatigue from playing it than from any of my other Jackson/Charvel guitars. The width of the Stealth neck is 0.78" at the 12th fret, compared to 0.85" for the 650 Custom.

Comment

Working...
                      X