Jackson vs Charvel neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson vs Charvel neck

Here`s another "will this neck fit that body" question.
    I got a Jackson King V standard body. I need a neck for it.
    Neck on my Charvel Avenger look like it would fit. And that neck is the same as on Charvel 375 I had.
    So, I`d like to ask if there`s someone who can tell me if some of those 22 fret Charvel necks would fit my King V standard body(I don`t want to take the neck of Avenger and see for myself. I`d fukk everything up and would probably never put the Avenger back in proper condition).
    All help is highly appreciated!!

Re: Jackson vs Charvel neck

Is the KV body built for a 22-fret or a 24-fret neck? That's the question...

Comment

I think the king Vs are all 24 fretted...

but what about my PS3-T rhoads? would a 24 fret neck fit there?
      I've seen lots of pics (even in a catalogue of a local music store) PS3-Ts with 24 frets!?
      kind of confuses me...

is there a 24 fret neck that would fit my performer rhoads?
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

KV is 22 fret, as I`ve been told.

Comment

The older KV's were 22 fret. The newer ones are 24 fret.

but what about my PS3-T rhoads? would a 24 fret neck fit there?
          I've seen lots of pics (even in a catalogue of a local music store) PS3-Ts with 24 frets!?
          kind of confuses me...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uhmm...could you scan those pics and put up? 'Cause I'd like to see that for myself. The only 24 fretted Rhoadses I've seen were either custom shop guitars, or that "Rhoads 59" thing - a matte black, bolt on Rhoads that was sold in Finland only. It was damn expensive for a bolt-on too...

'bane

[ May 30, 2003, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

I meant that my KV, the one I was questioning about is 22 fret. It`s my thread after all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very interesting. Now the next question is just how to get hold of one of those. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I'm thinking it might be a prototype or something, unless it's a model that was sold exclusively in Germany(?).

If your current Rhoads has 22 frets, you can't put a 24 fret neck on it though. You would have to either relocate the bridge or rebuild the neck heel to get the guitar to intonate. If you modify the neck heel, it's probable you'd also have to sacrifice the neck pickup to make room for the extra two frets. In any case, you'd end up with pretty hacked up guitar.

'bane

Comment

sure I can! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                it's pretty ****ed up quality, since my scanner isn't the best, but I think you might notice the last fret having two dots. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'll post a link instead of the pic, coz it's pretty huge, and I don't want to slow down the whole thread...
                24 fretted PS3-T Rhoads

they mixed up PS3 with PS3-T I think, but well, who cares?!?
                they both should be 22 fretted...

it's a pretty old pic taken from a "music store" catalogue (big store in cologne www.musicstorekoeln.de ) of 2001. the prices are still in DM (1 Euro ~ 2 DM).
                the text sais almoust nothing but that it's black and bolt on...

btw; there was another 24 fretted rhoads series called RRLL a few years ago. dedicated to Roope Latvala and Alexi Laiho from sinergy both using custom rhoads. it was very limited and only finland too...
                bolt on neck, shark fins and black with yellow bevels I think... looked pretty nice!! maybe I find a pic somewhere...
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                X