Japanese Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Soloists

Whats a good price on these guitars? Since i have a job now i've got about $400 saved up, which isn't enough i know but i'm wondering how much i need to save until i can convince the parents to give me that little drop that does it. by the way, was there ever a japanese soloist with a reverse headstock? i haven't found any yet so i was wondering what would be a better deal, a new japanese soloist or an used american that may have the reverse headstock? any thoughts?

Re: Japanese Soloists

I've seen Soloist PROs go between $350 - $500.
    (Neck through ebony)

Soloist XLs from $250 - 350.
    (rosewood)

I seriously doubt the above had reverse H/S.
    Those were popular on the Dinkys.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And what about reasonable price of Soloist Archtop Pro?

Comment

Average price for those is $600-$800 depending on condition/features.

I'd hang on for a used USA. It might not be a reverse head, but that's a small consideration IMO.

I'd rather have a USA with features that I wasn't really interested in than an import that had everything, if they were the same price.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Even the japanese neck-throughs? i remember awhile back people were saying they are nearly of the same quality as a USA made guitar. and binding is another thing that i'd like to have and i'm pretty sure thats only on USA guitars

Comment

That's actually not true. The early 90's Professional series were the same thing as the USA models except the fact that they were made Japan, and that they have "Professional" written on them. I think that if they didn't have "Professional" written on the headstock, it would be hard for me to tell if it was a USA select of Professional series or not. But anyways, yes, the Professionals did have neck binding.

Comment

The Stealth Pro doesnt have any binding. But I believe everything else did.
              Gil

Comment

Working...
              X