Project Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Guitar

Today I bought a mutt from a pawn shop. It's a import Charvel neck, probably a model series, but it had a San Dimas neckplate on it. It has a original Floyd Rose, but a Kahler nut. It was covered with stupid stickers and drips of paint. It also had the lower cutaway deepend, by someone who didn't know what the hell they were doing. I stripped it down to parts today, and I fixed the nut. I've also started taking all the stickers and extra paint with a razor blade, next I am going to sand it down to bare wood, and clean up the crappy cutaway. From there I am going to give the body to a tattoo artist friend of mine, and he is going to airbrush something cool on there. Then I plan on reassembling it completely, and giving it a lot of TLC. I should be getting a digital camera this week, so I'll post pics as I go.

Re: Project Guitar

That's awesome [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] What kinda graphic are you gonna ask for?

Comment

put a tribal or camo finish ¡¡
      [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

put a tribal or camo finish ¡¡
        [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Getting the LA Metal guys to do anything is pulling teeth, I would much rather just take pix with my camera. As for a tribal or camo finish, I am not Kerry King. Those are both simple patterns that I could do myself, just like his solos. I have at my disposal world class artists, and I want to put them to work. I was thinking of something very death metal looking, possibly along the lines of my avatar(the little picture under my name to the left). I might just give him the guitar, and give him some guidelines and stand back and watch it come together. Pix coming soon!!

I like that - Ace Guitar ReAnimator!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ May 25, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Today a mutt - tomorrow a beautiful custom graphic masterpiece!

You should get the LA Metal guys to video
            your project's various stages, and have them run a piece called "Extreme Guitar Makeover"! It'd be awesome, and if you wanted to get a job with a maunfacturer
            you'd have a little video resume!

Have fun, ReAnimator!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
              Those are both simple patterns that I could do myself, just like his solos. I have at my disposal world class artists, and I want to put them to work.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...he said, as he looked down his nose at the riff-raff surrounding him. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

OK, sorry, I apologize. It's just that I read Kerry King column in Guitar World the other day, and he just came off like a real dumba$$. I didn't mean to look down on anyone on this board. God knows I'm not perfect.

Anyways, I just finished sanding all the paint off of it today, and I bought a digital camera, so I'll post some pics as soon as I get my damn computer running again.

[ May 28, 2003, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

I like the "at my disposal" part

It's so.... evil villan like [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X