JT580 problem.....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 problem.....help!

When I dive bomb..........no problem. When I pull back........the strings go up in pitch even after I let er down. Could this be springs, posts or what? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: JT580 problem.....help!

Could be worn posts or knife edges.
    Get thee to Carvin for an OFR [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

try some real floyd springs and that should work could be the knife edges though , //Steve

Comment

Yes Sir NewC-eth and Sir Steve of JCF-dom. I think an OFR is in order. Hmmmmm........what color? I spun the posts a half turn and added a new spring. It helped it a little. The nut wasn't loose and the neck bolts are okay. I gave the locks a little more torque. It seems to be okay now, but I do think a Floyd is in order. Thanks guys.

Comment

Maybe lube up the posts and knife edges a bit by putting a little ChapStick on them. That should make it work a little smoother.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hope this isn't on the RR3, Jon.. everything worked fine when I had her. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sounds like it could be knife edges though.

Comment

Yeah they work great, but an OFR's better [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just for the record - don't turn those posts with springs and strings attached to the bridge. Take it apart. That kind of high tension (while turning the post) could help the knife carve it's way into the post thereby ruining the post (and possibly the knife).

[ May 28, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                X