Help identifying an import Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying an import Jackson

I recently purchased an older Jackson import. The headstock says Jackson Professional Kelly XL. I have never heard of this model before. Would anyone happen to know the year range and the retail price for one of these?

Here are the specs:

two HBs
    bolt on neck
    mother of pearl sharkfin inlays on rosewood
    licenced floyd rose

Thanks

Re: Help identifying an import Jackson

I believe they were made in '95 and '96. I had an XLR (same thing, but with reverse headstock and reverse sharkfins). It was a great guitar, but I traded it because I prefer Strat shapes. I'm not sure what the retail was or how many were made. I believe Joel Drabicki and RacerX on this board both also have the XL model, so they may be able to give you some more info on it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info man. i'd really like to know the retail value for this beast - just for curiosity, I'm not even THINKING of selling this sweet ass axe. It is definetely the best neck I have ever played on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Retail in 1995 for a Kelly XL was $995.00

Body: poplar
        Neck: maple, bolt-on
        Fretboard: bound rosewood, 24 frets
        Trem: JT580 (Licensed Floyd)
        Professional = Made in Japan

I have an EMG81 in mine and it is killer.
        My black Kelly XL is also autographed by Megadeth circa 2000. Got it off eBay w/ HSC for $305 last summer. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X