Please identify this model :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please identify this model :)

Hi i found a Jackson in our local auction web.

PLease help identify the model and the price range.
    Its a neckthru, EMG 81/85 (dont know if its stock)
    he said its Made in USA, but i'm not very sure about it.
    Its selling at about $550.
    Good deal??

Re: Please identify this model

That looks like a SL2H Soloist, made in the USA.
    The only thing that throws me, is the lack of binding (or black binding?)

EDIT: It could be an SL-2. I believe those had black binding. They were made in the USA, but had import hardware. I would say it's a decent deal for $550. They are discontinued and people look for them left and right, since it's a lot of guitar for the money.

Comment

i would also say that it is a SL-2.

Comment

It's an SL2. Or possibly an SL2b or something, I don't remember how the Sharkfinned models were called. Sharkfins could possibly also be an after-market job, since that was what they were intended for. Don't look like MOP though.

The headstock is not black, but it's matching the body (bad photo).

Also on the 'slanted' picture you can see a very distinctive black line running along the fretboard, that is the black binding that the SL2 has (bound fingerboard only).

Very very nice guitars, grab it for $550.

Do check the back of the headstock very carefully for 'USED' imprinted.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I dont think that's binding. It looks like a shadow & the dark finish.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I dont think that's binding. It looks like a shadow & the dark finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. doesn't look like binding to me either. I'd grab it for 550 though. good luck!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              It's an SL2. Or possibly an SL2b or something, I don't remember how the Sharkfinned models were called.

[/ QUOTE ]
              SL2S
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                It's an SL2. Or possibly an SL2b or something, I don't remember how the Sharkfinned models were called.

[/ QUOTE ]
                SL2S

[/ QUOTE ]
                Shouldn't that be SL2D? Like RX10 -> RX10D and KVX10 -> KVX10D...? I would think S indicated a Sustainer model?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  SL2S

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Shouldn't that be SL2D? Like RX10 -> RX10D and KVX10 -> KVX10D...? I would think S indicated a Sustainer model?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it does. This guitar was made in the mid-90s, when the nomenclature was, um, more flexible. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Okay. Thanks for clarifying! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I checked with the seller. He doesnt know the model name (lol) but he bought it new few years ago in US (he said).
                      Yes the headstock has a matching colour, which is really cool. There are few dings here and there, but its alright.
                      Im going to buy it.
                      Anyone can give some comment on how the neck feels like? also would the frets as JUMBO as my RR1..?

Comment

ANd the price includes the original hardcase which is a pretty good deal.
                        Anything that i should check when i meet that guy to see the guitar?

Comment

The only things I can think of is the usual:
                          Check for fret wear, missing parts and cracks.
                          Try it out, and use the trem bar to see if it will stay in tune.

Comment

Working...
                          X